Chapter 90 Final Goodbyes Part 1

It was the day before Davis and Kat were to leave for the Great Americas, The Place For Opportunities.

Betty and Harold went a week ago to set up their own house. They started renting out their old house for guests, if anyone needed it for a holiday home or just a place to stay. Betty sent them their address and Harold set up an apartment for them, it's empty but it's theirs as soon as they get there. The moving van had arrived, there were movers helping each other with the boxes of both Davis' and Kat's stuff. Davis' injuries had healed up completely and his stutter went back down again.
Davis had agreed with Clover that they would keep the bakery alive while he was gone, and Ronin would live above it like he has been doing but this time it would be alone.

Life finally felt somewhat normal again-well as normal as it could be with everything that's happened.

Davis and Kat were saying their goodbyes to everyone since they won't see them tomorrow. They have to be up early for the taxi to the airport. So today was the day that everyone was saying their goodbyes to them. It's an understatement to say tears were shed. They were having their last bit of fun all together but something still felt.....missing....It was a Sunday (let's say it's new years for the plot) so the school was closed. It's been closed for quite a few months since they've been rebuilding it. It looked almost as good as new now and they were almost ready to re-open and let students back in.

+In Dorm 3 with all of Davis' and Kat's friends + teachers. - a certain someone+

"Everyone, squeeze together for a picture" Avian said setting up a tri-pod with his phone.

"Hopefully you can stay up for the new year with us" Shizu said deciding to sit on the floor next to Artemis.

"We will, don't worry. We don't have to get you that early for our flight" Kat said getting as comfy as she could on the arm rest.

"I can't believe it's already time for that, it didn't feel like that long ago that you told us" Artemis pointed out, he was on the floor in front of the couch.

"In reality it's been months" Shino said, he was next to him with Shizu Rikku Clover and Iris next to him on the other side, in that order. Davis was sat on the far side of the sofa. Kat sat on the arm rest next to that. Venus stood next to her. Moodswing stood on the other side of the sofa's arm rest. Kowalski sat in the centre on the floor, well he stood there. Sapphire sat in front of Moodswing on the floor with Kiyo and Willow. Nico sat next to Davis with Yuki and Flex. Colin and Jack sat on the back of the couch so they were higher than everyone else. Avian pressed the timer and floated in between them.
Yuki wasn't having much luck in their search so they figured it was a good idea to take a break for a while, since they also knew Davis and Kat were leaving to America incredibly soon.

Even when Davis was surrounded by friends and people he cares about. Something still felt.....missing. He pretended to smile as the timer went off and everyone said 'cheese!'. Then he realised what was missing-Ronin!-It was Ronin.

*Ronins not here...so where is he...? Then again I have seen him for a while....* Davis thought as he realised what piece was missing..He now had a picture of everyone he cared about - and that cared about him -in some way- all together except for Ronin. He might just have to Photoshop him in later since he's a no show.
Flex and Davis had exchanged numbers so he could Davis whenever he got sad or missed the type of company Davis provided by just being him.

+With Ronin+

Ronin got busy to say the least. He's gotten super busy with hero work and finding Zander and Victor that's he's accidentally completely forgotten about Davis leaving tomorrow. He did however remember to leave a gift on Davis' bed, hoping he'd see it. Ronin just can't seem to catch a break to go and see Davis after his agency had really skyrocketed in popularity and trust among the citizens. He wanted to call him but his work phone just kept ringing and ringing and.... ringing..