Chapter 75 Under Better Circumstances

Ronin woke up in the middle of the night to switch with Kreig but he wasn't anywhere to be found. Ronin wanted to go back to sleep but he was curious on where Kreig was. He couldn't move too much otherwise he would wake Davis. Then Davis jolted away from another nightmare, his heart raced again..

"You alright..?"

"Mmhm"

"Nightmare?"

"Mhhmm" Davis concentrated on his breathing to calm his heart rate. His head was tilted down towards the floor in front of him.

"I can see what your doing. Well done kiddo"

Davis looked at him for a split second then back at the floor.

"Are you gonna be able to go back to sleep"

"I d-d-dont know. This is the second one tonight"

"This is your second? How did you deal with the first..?"

"Kreig.."

"Awfully nice of him."

Kreig arrived outside with a bag of stolen shit, he was about to jump back on to the balcony but he heard talking, so he waited to hear what they were saying.

"Ye-yeah"

"What were these nightmares about?"

"I can't say"

"Why not?"

"...it's not something I want anyone else to deal with"

*He says that, and still thinks he's not a hero..* Kreig thought.

"I know pretty much everything else about you. Why not this."

"I don't want to burden you with it, plus it's not even anything"

"Davis why do we do this.?"

"I don't know what you mean by that"

"Do you even see me as your father" Ronin asked. Davis wasn't the only one with doubts and a load of 'what if's' on mind.

"Of course I do."

"Then you should know you can't burden me with this stuff or any stuff"

"What if we don't save them. What if I end up dead and they don't free our friends"

"We will. Somehow someway we'll save them, why won't you believe that?"

Davis could feel tears wanting to spill out but he stopped them, "You gave up on me but I'm not gonna give up on them" He muttered under his breath.. Luckily Ronin didn't hear him, "I don't know"

Kreig was bored of listening and jumped up onto the balcony and entered the window he jumped out of, "I'm back". He dropped the bag in the corner of the same wall they were sat against and then stretched his arms straight up.

"H-hey. Where'd you go?" Davis inquired.

"And what's with the bag" Ronin added.

"We need sustenance don't we?"

"You stole shit didn't you?" Ronin rubbed the bridge of his nose. Don't know why he expected anything else from a literal supervillain..

"Of course, How else am I gonna get sustenance for us?"

"Oh I don't know, by buying it"

"Waste of time, anyways, why are you awake again Visors"

"Another nightmare"

"Damn, must suck to be you. Since everyone is up, we need to organise 'F is For Funeral' since it is our Plan A"

"Kreig you need sleep" Ronin said. He still wasn't sure if this plan A they came up with was a good idea. So many things could go wrong.