Chapter 54 The Letters

((trigger warning: Swearing (like always) some angst plus fluff))

Davis left that group rather quickly, he took the letters Manolo handed him and checked the names, he already gave Ronin his.

Betty and Harold both names on one letter. One for Rain. One for Flynn. One for himself....

*Now I have to find Rain and Flynn then mail these to Betty and Harold.*

Davis thought to himself. He was alone and walking to nowhere. He changed direction a bit and walked over to 'The Open Book Library'. Luckily he didn't have to go inside because the man he was looking for was sitting on the steps leading up to the doors of it.

"Mr. Q-queen" Davis walked up to him holding the envelope in his hands.

"Call me Flynn kiddo, what's up" Flynns voice was weak and raspy, he wiped away his years with his sleeves.

"M-m-manolo told me to give y-you this" Davis said softly extending his arm for him to take the letter. Flynn hesitated for a second but then took it and cleared his throat.

"Thanks kiddo.. I'll read it later, is that all you're here for. I think you've done enough good"
Davis nodded.

"See you around kiddo, thanks for everything" Flynn said as he turned his head away and headed back into the library.

*Now it's just send these and find Rain*

Davis left in search of Rain, it's technically only Kreig he needs to worry about, and the police if they ever found those bodies he's kinda fucked.
A lot of walking later he wound up at Rain/Meticas hideout spot near the abandoned train station, Davis took out the envelope for Rain as he spotted a one eared cat talking to a large light blue haired man.

"Hey visors. Buddy. Friend" Rain said with a scheming smirk.

"Visors, good to see you around these parts again. Did you want something?"

"Letter for R-r-rain"

"Oooooo~" Rain stared at it intrigued. "From who if I might ask and I do"

"Metica" Davis said being careful with his words.

Rain grabbed the envelope ripping it open and skin reading through.

"Is it real?" Kreig asked looking at the sad expression on Rain's face.

"Yes. It sounds exactly like him. Visors he's gone. For good this time"

"I-im sorry. Y-yeah"

"Okay, thanks.. for giving me this"

"At least I was wrong"

"About what?" Rain asked looking at his reflection in Davis' red visors.

"He did care about you"

"Nah kid, he cared about us. I see your name on one if those envelopes your holding"

"I guess I'll see" Davis said walking away.

"I like him, it would be a shame if we never saw him again"

"I know right. We need to protect him from now on buddy"

"Agreed"

-with Davis-

Davis found a mailbox, he took out Betty and Harold's envelope and wrote their address on it, and then slipped it in. He walked back to the bakery. It's probably about time to reopen that place, it's too soon to talk to Ronin. But for now. For the rest of the day he'll just stay in his room, probably read his own letter and just occupy himself with games or something.