Chapter 56 Third and Last Tape.

((trigger warning: Swearing I think, angst, hospital, blood splatter, gore?))(words:2140)

They walked over to one of the cafés in the mall. Davis waited outside the entrance for Ronin to order.

-inside the cafe-

At one table sat Nico Artemis Shino Clover Rikku and Shizu, they were chatting and having fun amongst themselves. Then Nico and Clover noticed Ronin come in, order, pick it up then leave immediately after.

"Hey sorry I'm just gonna go to the toilet" Nico said trying to excuse himself. He didn't like lying to his friends but he didn't want to stop the awesome thing that was currently the topic of conversation.

"I'll join you, I drank too much too fast" Clover awkwardly chuckled.
Nico and Clover left the café and saw Ronin walking away with someone.

"Hey Ronin!" Nico decided to say hello since it's been a while

Ronin turned and smiled. "Hello Nico, Clover it's good to see you out and about again"

"Yeah, uhh whos hiding behind you"

"kid come on now, they're your friends aren't they"

"mm"

"Can I at least say your name?" Ronin asked his kid who had clenched to the back of his jumper with his head kind of half nuzzled into it, hiding.

"mhmm"

"It's just Davis, he's a little shy today it seems"

"Ohh hi Davis." Nico tried to be a little quieter than his usual loud energetic optimistic self, just in case being too loud triggered something.

"That's understandable sometimes all I wanna do is hide under my blankets" Clover gave a smile in Davis' direction.

"Mmhmm"

"What are you two up to then?" Ronin asked talking a quick gulp of his coffee.

"Just hanging out his some friends"

"School is starting again on the Monday coming up since it's been closed with everything that's been going on, just to let you know"

"Ohh damn it's been nice having free time" Clover clicked their tongue

"I mean it'll be nice for everything to get back to normal again right" Nico hoped.

"That's true and we can finally see everyone in the other class, I haven't seen them in a while, apart from you of course Nico"

"Yeah!" Nico giggled

"Well done for staying optimistic you two, we've gotta get going, hopefully I don't see you in cram class for any bad reasons"

"We'll see" Clover said giving him a cheeky smile before they turned and walked back into the cafe.

Davis and Ronin walked back to the baker- walked back home. They walked back home. They sat back down and Ronin opened the laptop, setting down his coffee

"Before I press play what was all that"

"N-nothing"

"After we finish I'm gonna ask again and I'm going to get the truth okay"

"O-okay I guess"

Ronin pressed play on the last playable video, the CCTV cameras in that hospital room. This time it was a good idea to listen to the words, even though he already knows what they say.

"I'm afraid he's in a coma"

"Hell be okay though right, right V"

"I don't know. His injuries are extremely bad, he's barely alive, and his heartbeat is just barely still beating, I'm sorry, I don't know if he'll make it"