Halloween Special - Shidge.

****

A/N: Don't take the chapter's photo as a hint to anything. I just used a photo that I'm 99% I haven't EVER USED for a book or oneshot before. While also having them seem dressed up or spooky togehter. This was the best I could find for Shidge. 

****

Happy Halloween!!!

Spooky Greetings to all creates of the night.

Be a Monster and Claw at that Vote Button for me, please.

Hope All of You Ghostly read this as a Treat instead of a Trick.

(Try not to gobble up all you're goodies in one go otherwise you're night will end in a Boo)

Long ago Halloween lasted all day and night. 

The 31st belonged to the creatures of the night. 

The sun would be banished for the whole twenty-four hours.

Leaving only the moonlight to guide the monsters towards their prey. 

Humans would stumble and hurry to light a candle, try to shower themselves in a false light in hopes of protection. 

It was so dark that the night had grown to blind her as she headed out into the woods. 

She was left with her other tenses to try and carry on heading forward. 

Her fingertips tracing along the trees on either side of her, helping her to step around them when needed. 

Her bare feet stinging each time she steps on a twig and her heels dig deeper whenever she hears the crunching of a leaf. 

Her ears pick up the sound of the haunting winds, whispers in the breeze promising danger if she carries forward. 

She knows she's safe. 

Even as she feels the tingle of fright along her skin. 

It's a scary setting, anyone would be uneasy. 

But she knew the end result would be her safe. 

Even if the full moon's already passed this month, she knew the wolf would be out tonight. 

All monsters of October were their most powerful at Halloween. 

They thrived in the magical burst of power humming in their veins. 

All their true forms taking over and leaving them as their most powerful. 

A growl to her left proves she's not alone and any threats are dealt with. 

The soft and silky fur brushing against her hand proves she's been claimed by his scent. 

She was his.

A wet snout sniffing at her lower back, checking if any had tried to steal what he had claimed. 

A tongue licking at her cheek from the front, his own warm greeting.

Claws never once harmed her had pressed into her as he stood on his back legs. 

A small low gruff that stood as a huff over her joining him on his stroll tonight. 

It wasn't a normal love, not truly. 

But no love is the same, after all. 

She loves him.

Fell in love with him before learning over the secret that had made him keep a distance at first. 

She stayed falling in love with him after learning the truth. 

She'd always care for him after a full moon, knowing he'd grow his weakest the morning afterwards. 

And in return, he's kept her safe whenever Halloween comes along.