Love Hard Au - Part 4 - Plance.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

 PLEASE VOTE

Side Note: The past three chapters were written in December. Before Christmas day roughly and I did plan to have this done before new years. But here we are, in January and barely half way through the story. Sorry for not having it done in time. 

Later that Night...

"Shiro!" Katie called out with a huge adoring grin as she hurried towards the tall man standing outside of the McClain household. Not caring over every other sibling of Lance's that stood outside waiting as well. 

"Pid-" Shiro started to say surprised as he turned towards his little sister, being cut off before he spoke a mistake. 

"Katie is here" Allura cheered with a bright but panicked smile, sending a pleading look towards Shiro and his husband to help carry on using her main name. Both Allura and Katie had realized that if Katie went by her nickname, Lance might catch on that he was speaking to both of them instead of one of them. 

"Favourite brother in law get's hugged first. Move it second place" Adam demanded as he shoved his husband to the side without mercy and wrapped his arms around Katie as if they haven't seen each other since forever. 

Katie just clung back, soaking up the affection and giving a cute laugh as Adam pressed a kiss into her hair. The pair only falling away as Shiro stepped back over and pulled her free from his husband's hold and gave her a hug instead. 

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you'd be spending your first Christmas in your new house alone" Katie asked, tilting her head to the side as she stepped back from the hug and wondered what the pair of them were doing here. 

"We are. We've only moved a block away from our old apartment. It isn't like we've moved to a new city or something. And Adam likes to carol sing every year so we join the McClain's with their family carolling" Shiro explained with a kind smile and knowing that she forgot where he lives yet again. He and Adam had moved to the town when he was medically discharged from the military due to losing his right arm. With Katie's fear of flying he normally travels down to see the Holt's instead of letting them take hours long drive to visit him and Adam. And Katie had never been good at remembering addresses. 

"I didn't know people liked to hear cat's get murdered" Katie joked back with a cheeky grin, every Holt knowing that Shiro wasn't a very good singer. 

"I'm still strong enough to carry you to bed if you keep being cheeky" Shiro playfully threatened back as he pinched her cheek. Hearing his husband chuckle fondly beside him over the pair of them. 

"You guys know Katie?" Lance asked curious, wondering how Katie knew his own family friends. Everyone in town knew over the Shirogane's family, Shiro being the first and only prosthetic clinic in town. 

"I'm friends with her brother" Shiro answers with a sweet smile as he turns to the gathered group of all the McClain's, all of them listening in and trying to figure out how their brother's girlfriend friend knew the Shirogane's. 

"Shiro is like a brother to me. I'm online friends with his brother too. The Shiroganes are practically Holt's" Katie admitted with a bit of family pride, not embarrassing over seeing Shiro and Adam as another set of brothers in her life.