Stardust - Part 2 - Kidge.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Side Note: Sorry for the late update. I thought I finished writing this chapter and uploaded it .. turned out I did it in a dream. *Cries and laughs at the same time while burying myself in a hole from embarrassment*

Takashi 25h birthday soon came around and Sam took both him and his other son to the loft. In truth he planned to tell Takashi over his mother and pass over the basket alone but Takashi begged for Matthew to join them. The birthday boy needed support with this and needed Matthew by his side for this. Sam agreed and took his sons to the loft to pass on the news and let Takashi read his mother's left behind letter for him. 

Colleen keeping young Katie, even if she was twenty years of age,  busy downstairs and mostly getting her ready to bed. It was late and she should have gone to bed a couple hours ago but her older brother's helped to win over their parents in keeping her up late. 

Takashi wanted to meet his mother, he knew that much. Sam knew he'd want that and was ready to pull his blood son back to give Takashi space to use the babylon candle. Matthew stayed silent, not wanting to see the man who he saw more as a brother to leave but he knew better than to stop him. This might have been his only chance at finally meeting his real mother and learn why she couldn't keep him. 

But Takashi heisted. He wasn't ready to leave his family, his home and the one person he was willing to give his heart too. He wanted to meet his mother and learn over her in person but he wasn't ready to give up everything he had either. He belonged to this family and with Matthew, even if he was to scared to confess such feelings out loud. 

Sam shoved his son towards his adopted son, nodding for them both to go and how he'd keep an eye on his shop while they're away. To send a letter if they decide to stay with Mrs Shirogane and how he'd deal with his wife  over this issue for them. 

Matthew took the babylon candle and broke it in half with a guilty look towards Takashi who stood horrified. Passing the bottom half to his father before passing a match to Takashi. The candle would be enough to take them to Mrs Shirogane and home again. If they weren't back than their family can use the other half of the candle to find them and bring them home safely. 

Takashi agreed with the idea and Sam smiled at the two, tears in his eyes as he finally noticed how grown up they were. Neither one was his little baby anymore but proud and strong men in their own ways. He stepped forward, pulling them into a hug and promising to wait a whole year before chasing after them if they haven't returned or sent word. 

Two Years Later...

(Katie is now 22 years old)

"What! That's so unfair!" Katie screamed back as she slammed her hands down on the dinning table. Her parents sitting opposite to her and both beside each other as they talked to their daughter over such a matter before bed. 

"It's what we've decided on and you'll do as your asked" Colleen snapped back as she glared towards her daughter, not backing down from this argument. 

"But that's against everything you've ever promised for me before" Katie yelled back in frustration, hurt flashing in her eyes over what her parents were forcing her to do.