Love Hard Au - Part 5 - Plance.

HOPE YOU ENJOY 

PLEASE VOTE

Katie was a bit startled awake when her phone chimed as soon as she had dozed off. She had struggled to fall asleep in the spare bedroom's bed and as she had finally dropped off .. her phone pulled her from sleep. 

She grumbled and thought about leaving it until morning before remembering that she didn't arrive in the town to stay round her brother's house. She came with Allura and left Allura in a household that held the man she was fake dating. 

Forcing herself to sit up and take a sip from the glass of squash she left beside her bed. Picking up her phone and pulling the plug out of her phone. Finding that a message from the dating app was the reason for her body to be awake right now. 

Grumbling and willing to lay down again before her curious side perked up. The message was from Lance. Allura and Lance should be in the basement together and hold no need to be chatting through the dating app. 

Lance: Meet me outside in ten minutes. I've got a surprise for you, My Birdy

Katie just groaned and rolled her eyes. Wondering whatever foolish act that Lance was going to do for Allura. Fearing that maybe the pair of them were actually dating for real after the engagement.  

She was happy for Lance if they were finally dating but she still felt a little jealous and bitter. 

Placing her phone back on charge she climbed back into bed and waited for sleep to take her again. 

And it almost did until she heard a subtle knock from the front door downstairs. She knew it was too light to wake anyone but thanks to her mind racing, she heard it. 

Deciding to play a hero, she climbed back out of the bed and huddled towards the window above the stairs. Peeping out through the curtains before freezing up at the sight of a frozen Lance.

Lance McClain. 

The dumbass who was outside her brother's door in the middle of the night in the middle of winter. 

She hurried down the stairs, almost tripping before removing the chain and unlocking the door. Yanking the door open and grabbing at the nervous man before pulling him inside and slamming the door shut behind them. 

"P-Pidge?" Shiro's groggily voice echoed from his and Adam's bedroom. Always been a light sleeper even before his military days. 

"I'm okay. Kerberos needed to pee. Forgot I wasn't in my apartment and used the front door like an idiot" Katie yelled back quickly, hoping the chubby black and white cat was still fast asleep on her bed and had not climbed into the husband's bed in the meantime. 

"Okay. Get back to bed" Shiro called back as he calmed down and started getting comfortable in bed again. 

"I will. Just going to grab a drink first" Katie mumbled back, glancing between the stairs and Lance who was thankfully keeping silent during the whole conversation.