The Old Friend

Monami

The whole day passed and I was still stuck there, with my uncertainty of emotions and Karan's disappearance was making it worse for me to handle all of this.

I hadn't seen him after that conversation of ours in the living area. On my asking, security told me that he went out of the palace and hadn't returned since morning.

It was dinner time, after making Daadu eat his dinner I came back into my room and decided to call Sid.

Koel and Sid left the next day of all that shit drama as they had to reach the academy by monday, not before I give them a piece of mind for coming here like this.

I talked with Sid for a while and explained to him the situation. As expected, he suggested that I should abdicate. He wasn't ready to accept the situation where I'm not in front of his eyes.

I sighed with a smile at the love and care in his words. Like, we have been together since we both were only five. Even when I had no one by my side, he was the only one to keep his hold on me. For those eight years, he was the only person I've for me. So it was expected for him to say this. I tried to convince him but his dramatic ass wasn't ready to let go of me. I chose to drop the topic for now and give him some time to think about the whole situation.

As I disconnected the call, Aparna Baisa knocked on my door and asked me to have my dinner. But I denied her saying that I'm not hungry.

How am I supposed to eat when he's not here, not talking to me?

He's not even picking up my calls or replying to my texts. But leaving them on seen. It was childish and I'm getting annoyed now. It's late and he should have been here, talking it out with me, not lurking around on the roads of Jaipur.

As if the roads will give him a solution served in the plate itself.

It was past ten and he was still not back, I was barely keeping my eyes open when the voice of the door getting opened made me sit up with a jerk. I looked up to find Karan in a dishevelled state. His sleeves rolled up to elbows and clothes were creezed, hair was messy, probably because of his habit of raking them while being in stress.

I sighed in relaxation seeing him back and didn't waste a second before running to him and launching myself on him. His hands instantly wrapped around me as he hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry!! " He mumbled.

"You should be." My voice was stern and filled with disappointment.

" I-I just couldn't take the thought of staying away from you well. " He explained in a grieving tone.

"So you thought to spend the remaining time away from me?? Are you for real, Karan?? " I scolded him, breaking the hug and glaring at him.

He stayed mum for some moments, staring down before looking up at me.

" Please Abdicate, Monami!! " He requested and I couldn't tolerate the brokenness in his eyes. "You have no Idea how I tolerated those eight years without seeing you. Even if it was for arguing and fighting with you, at least you were there, with me. But you left me alone to be with my emptiness. I can't let you go away once again, please. " He held both of my hands as he pleaded.

I couldn't find a single trace of that old grumpy Karan who couldn't accept his feelings for all those years and kept on hating me. But one thing is still the same, him making things hard for me.

I stared at him silently for some minutes to choose the right words before I fuck it all up one wrong thing.

" Okay, I'll do it. '' I said before inhaling heavily and he stared at me with shock and then in excitement.