Dramatic, Tragic, Foolish

Monami

" Didn't Param tell you not to go there. " Uncle snapped, making both of us shocked.

He doesn't usually get this angry .

" We didn't want to, but the hotel we had booked, Sahas Uncle saw us there and dragged us with him. We couldn't deny him. " Karan explained and saw him glancing at me, from the corner of his eyes.

"Are you both out of your mind?? How the hell can you do this?? Does Param know this?? " Uncle asked angrily, rubbing his forehead.

" Uncle, " I held his arm trying to calm him down. " It's fine. We are leaving in some time already. "

"And you think they'll let you go like this? Do you even know what you have gotten yourself into?? " He snapped at me and I found myself squinting my eyes at him.

" What exactly are you trying to say Dad?? Who's this, you are warning us about?? " Karan voiced my doubts suspiciously.

And the look on Uncle's face,already indicated that he definitely didn't want to spill this.

" N-No. I was j-

"Please Uncle. Just end this hide and seek and tell me the truth. I don't want to run forever to save my life from the people I don't even know. It's been nine years since I've been waiting for that right time when you'll tell me the reason why I lost everything. Who's the reason for me being an orphan?? " I asked desperately, blinking the tears away.

"You aren't an orphan Monu. Please don't say that. " Uncle held my shoulders and looked at me intensely.

"Then please tell me everything. "

His defeated sigh filled me with a hopeful life. Uncle took hold of our hands and headed inside the temple again.

" I doubt they'll be coming here soon, tracking you down. " He expressed sitting on the temple stairs and we settled at both of his sides, waiting for him to explain his words.

"Veeru and Juhi have been in love since our college days. He was so excited to talk with Prataap Uncle about this and convince him to take the marriage proposal to her house. But before he could, Ashok, our classmate and son of the biggest business rival of Mahaajan's , sent a proposal to Juhi's house. And without even asking for her consent, her parents fixed her marriage to Ashok. Veeru and Prataap Uncle tried to Convince her family but they couldn't back off their promise to Ashok's family. On their wedding day, Juhi sent a letter to Veeru that she will commit suicide if he does not come to take her with him. They were out of all the options already, so he decided to do as she said. They both eloped and got married in this same temple." Uncle said, looking up at the place.

I never heard of all this ever before, and now it feels like I'm watching it all happening with my own eyes.

" So it's Ashok, who's behind her life??" Karan guessed looking at Uncle before stealing a glance from me.

"Yes, but there's a lot more in this. He's not alone. " Uncle paused, staring blankly at his feet while I and Karan shared a look.

" That day, Raheja's had to face so much humiliation and they swore to destroy Mahaajan's " Uncle said further and I saw Karan froze.

"Raheja's?? " Karan asked with a shocking look.

"Yes. Ashok Raheja." Uncle confirmed and I saw Karan's jaw tightening. I wanted to ask but this can wait.

"And then, they attacked, but why waited for all those years?? " I asked.

" They didn't want to only kill the Mahaajan family, but destroy it. That's why the security arrangements were kept so firm by your dad. But they suspiciously went silent one day. No more threats or those dangerous looks that Ashoke and his father used to give every time they were met with Mahaajan's in any business event. But we were sure that they were planning something. That's why you were kept hidden. The biggest secret of Mahajan's. No one knew that Veerendra Mahaajan had a daughter, until you turned eighteen. That's why Veeru decided to send you to the U.S. It was also supposed to be the secret, only in the family. No one outside the family knew this, but somehow the news reached Raheja's and they attacked us on our way to the airport. We lost Veeru and Juhi, but we had already killed all those attackers. After sending Sid with one of the bodyguards, I had no other option instead of taking Monami and going underground. But they sent more men who shot me. Param saved me, but he said you weren't there when he reached. I thought I lost you too. '' Uncle paused and took my cheek into his palm. " But then found out that they had kidnapped you. " Uncle said this eyeing Karan, It was visible that it's another shock for him.