Empty Canvas

Monami

Finally, the Palace was a safe place for me and Karan. Suraj Uncle had explained their duty to the new security team. We didn't have to change the servants as Aparna Baisa told us that they are all reliable. When Sahas Uncle got to know about my deeds, I thought finally he's going to lash out, but he didn't and I had to believe at Suraj Uncle's guess that he's running away from the confrontation and definitely is going to do something in the party. For the time being, I'm content with his pissed off face.

I wonder how he would have reacted if I had done all this in his presence. Had I not sent him to get the records of Mahaajan Hospitals, I could see his live reactions.

Ah!! I missed the opportunity.

" Did you find something from the old footage?? " I asked, entering inside our room with our clothes for the party.

" No. But Karim told Dad that they had tried to break the door once but a danger alarm wreaked havoc in the whole Palace." Karan answered keeping his gaze fixated on the laptop.

"Okay. Sahas Uncle has sent these clothes for us." I said and fortunately he understood the rest of the unsaid words.

Forwarding his hands he took the clothes from me and checked them for any tracker or microphone. But unexpectedly there was nothing. We sighed and he handed me the white coloured trumpet gown with lavender glittering shade on its hemline. Uncle also sent matching glass heels with it. Karan's Tux was white with a lavender bow tie.

" I think we should go and check that room before the party starts. " I said and he looked up at me silently for a moment.

" I'm doing something important." He said training his eyes at the laptop again and my mouth fell open.

"Are you asking me to go alone?? " I questioned in disbelief.

"Are you afraid?? " He raised a brow again looking at me and I pressed my lips into a thin line.

" Hell no. You were behaving so protectively until morning so I thought you would want to join." I turned to go alone, in annoyance.

" I hadn't met your trustworthy bodyguard by then." His annoyed voice sent a wave of shock in my bones and my jaw dropped once again.

"What?? " I merely whispered.

" I want to tell you something. " He closed the laptop in an instant and dragged me out of my room while I kept trying to convince myself that it is not what I'm thinking.

"What's that?? " I asked with a frown.

" Monami, I know you consider him as a friend but Meehir is not what he-

"Not again, Karan. He IS my friend and won't hear anything against him. " I stopped in the tracks with a stubborn and angry look.

" And I thought you started trusting me." He said dropping his hand from my forearm with a look of hurt flashing in his eyes for a second.

"I do trust you, Karan. It's just that, I want you to trust my trust. He is my friend and I have known him for so many years. There's nothing to doubt about him. " I said, holding his hand lovingly while he pressed his lips in a thin line and nodded.