Show Time

Monami

A loud shot rang in the room and I waited for the pain and blood to engulf me, but it never did. Instead, I was pulled aside by a strong hold and I looked up as the person winced.

"Karan!! " I yelped as blood soaked his white shirt.

" Are you okay? " He instead asked me, pulling into his chest protectively.

"Oh, The Bodyguard is here too. Or should I call the husband." Mayra asked with a smirk. While I checked his arm, fortunately the bullet just passed, hitting him slightly.

" What the ever fuck suits you BITCH!! " I yelled at her before throwing the nearest chair towards her.

"Calm down women. He is not dead, " She said dodging it with an entertained expression "Yet!! " She completed and blood boiled into my veins.

I was about to pull out my own gun that I had asked Sahil to get me and hid it in my gown before approaching footsteps caught all the attention and I postponed my plan for some minutes.

" Where's Dad?? " Mayra asked the man who handed her the papers.

" He asked you to get these signs, there was a man intruding into the palace. He's handling him. " His words made me frown and I met my gaze with Karan.

We were standing unfazed here, relying on the fact that they can't kill us before I and Karan sign the property papers.

"Where's Suraj Uncle?? " I whispered to him.

" I saw him leaving the palace." He said and I frowned.

It was strange of him to leave us in this disaster to handle alone but relieving at the same time to not having another loved once in danger.

"Here." My trance was broken by my bitchy sister who forwarded me some documents and papers."Sign them and you can run to save your ass. " She said as if these were the most normal words.

"Over my dead body. " Karan snatched and threw the papers away and gave her death glares.

" Gladly brother-in-law, if your sign was not needed too. " She said, pulling the possible upset face. "But the situation can be modified to, 'before my dead body' " She said the last words leaning close to me and my hands instantly went to my gun before it was against her temple.

"You need us to be alive, I , FUCKING, DON'T " I chewed the words and spat on her face making her breath to hitch.

Her retort was halfway when a gunshot rang and all eyes fled towards the new entry. My heart sank at the sight in front of me.

"Sid? " I could only manage to whisper his name dreadfully as I saw him at the gunpoint of Sahas.

Yes. SAHAS. He doesn't deserve to be called respectfully anymore.

"Monu!! " He whispered back in concern as his eyes started to moisten.

"Fuck!! " I heard an angry but helpless grunt beside me.

I instantly ran towards Sid but Mayra pulled me back from my hair harshly. "Stop with this melodrama. "

"Ahh!! " I winced in pain before Karan threw her hand away and pulled me into his arms.

"Do not fucking dare to lay a finger on her again and you won't have them anymore. " He gritted through his teeth, throwing daggers at her. She rolled eyes in answer, only.

"Sign the damn papers Monami and get lost." Sahas said in a bored tone.

" Keep dreaming. " I snapped my head towards him when my eyes fell on those men who came with Sahas. One of them was the same that was ordered to dig the garden area by Mayra and he was now holding an ancient golden box of a medium size covered in mud. The men were standing near the exit of the terrace.