Haunting Thoughts!!

Karan

"Well done shergill!! Now When exactly are you leaving?? " Batra sir asked from the other side of the phone.

" In an hour or two sir. Just need to cross check the area. Rest will be handled by the local police ." I answer.

" Alright. Keep me updated and call me if anything unusual occurs."

"Okay Sir. Now with your permission, I need to leave Sir. "

"Sure."

"Jai hind Sir. "

"Jai hind. "

I disconnected the call and walked inside the club to look out for the last time. After checking all the rooms and the secret rooms inside those rooms and getting assured that everything's normal I came back to my room where I was staying as a druggie. Taking a water bottle from the side table I had just sipped from it, when suddenly my phone started ringing. I pulled it out from my pocket and frowned in confusion at the most unexpected name that was flashing on it.

Just to bring myself back from that mini shock,I took another sip of water while
Swiping the green button I brought the phone close to my ear and was about to speak when she started talking herself.

"Hey darling, when will you come?? I'm waiting for you. Just come soon you bitch. "

I choked on the water and started coughing badly.

Is she high on something??

Or did she hit her head somewhere and lost her memory.

Before I could calm myself down and ask her 'what the fuck had just gottan into you?? ' I heard some shufflings from her side and then the call got disconnected.

I gaped at the phone in disbelief and throw it on the bed.

Collecting my stuff I came out and throw it in my jeep and headed back to deolali.

This mission was being planned since last month. When we got the info that our most wanted terrorist , who was living as a smuggler of drugs and illegal weapons, is receiving a big ass consignment of weapons, we decided to catch him right there. It was decided that I'll be doing it, but suddenly Batra sir called me just two days before leaving for the mission and told me that he assigned the mission to some other officer, I took it as an order at that time. But just after that I got to know that I am getting married tomorrow, I understood all this.

It took me some time to sort it out and made up my mind for this. So When we were leaving for Shergill house after marriage and I went inside the academy leaving Monami to sit in the car , I went to pursue Batra Sir for letting me go for this mission. He confessed that he wasn't ready to assign me because of the marriage and said that I won't be able to concentrate on the mission. Even he was trying to convince me for taking some rest days but I at the end, managed to get his approval.

Bhai was almost at the verge of shoot me right in the head when he got to know about this, but I played the 'duty calls' card.

Somewhere inside me I'm feeling a little guilty for abandoning her on just the second day of our wedding. But the huge part inside me is defending me from this feeling of guilt, saying that whatever I did wasn't wrong at all.

It's been twelve days since I came for this mission, and didn't even called to check on her for once, neither did she except for today, about which I'm bloody sure she did it by mistake.

I fucking know her.

But I can't be blamed for this behavior. It wasn't easy for me. I had to go through from all kind of the emotions in just one freaking day.