Regretting Being Late

Karan

"Monami?? What are you doing here??" We both froze at the voice and looked ahead only to find Sahas Uncle standing there.

Just like dad said before, he had tracked us down.

His presence was the least needed thing right here. I wonder how Monami is going to handle this and refuse to go with him. More than that I was wondering how the hell is she controlling herself. I mean, after knowing his deeds, His face alone was giving me a migraine.

If only I could just split his face from his body right here, right now.

A moment passed in silence staring before Monami spoke up. "We just came to visit the temple. " She said plainly.

"Oh, are you done meeting with Suraj?? " He asked and I saw desperation glinting in his eyes, again.

"No, he called and said that he's busy with some work and is unable to come. " I stared at her face from besides her as she lied smoothly.

"Oh, " He said but I noticed him sighing silently.

"Okay, let's go home then, you can meet him some other day. Right?? " He suggested and I waited for another lie or excuse to come from her.

"Yeah." She said and I snapped my head towards her.

Has she lost it??

Sahas Uncle smiled and turned back to head towards his car. I held her hand when she started walking behind him.

" We were supposed to go straight home. " I whisper yelled at her.

" I am going home. " She said, stressing the word 'am'. "You want to stay, you can, you want to leave, your choice. " Saying that she snatched her hand from me and took the seat besides Sahas Uncle.

What the hell was that???

I was trying to register her words when Sahas Uncle called out for me. " Aren't you coming ??"

"You wish!! " I mumbled to myself before stalking towards the car and settled beside her.

"Is Mayra back?? " I was stunned at her tone as she asked that.

I think she went into shock after learning the truth.

Probably.

" She'll come back by evening or maybe tomorrow morning." Sahas Uncle answered and she hummed in response. "I want to tell you something. " He said further.

"Um hm. What's it? "

He excitedly turned his body to face her before saying. " I have arranged a party tomorrow, to celebrate your return. I hope you don't mind. "

"Wow!! Why would I mind?? It's great in fact. Thanks. " She chirped with a wide smile and I kept staring at both of them.

Does that mean she trusts Sahas Uncle, not Dad??

Stop talking shit. She seemed to be convinced right then.

But she doesn't, right now.

I didn't want to add another guilt by misunderstanding her again, into my already long list. So I suppressed my practical thoughts and focused outside of the car window.

There's alot to digest, to inspect and to find out. So I kept my mind diverted to the information that I've received a while ago. When the car stopped suddenly, then only I looked outside and realise that we had already reached the Mahaajan Villa.

I climbed down the car and waited for her to come, but she didn't even glanced at me and walked past me, inside. I was unable to understand her behavior.