Ignored Issues

Karan

"No!.... No! Please. Dad?? Daddddd! "

I woke up with a jerk as I heard her screaming besides me. Sweating, shifting uncomfortably, mumbling something in her sleep, it all made me remember the day when we were in mumbai and she had the nightmare.

I shook her, trying to pull her back from the scaring world she was in. But she didn't respond me and keep on mumbling 'dad, mom'.

I pushed the questions erupting in my mind away and shook her again, calling
Out for her " Monami?? "

"Wake up. Monami" This time I shouted, which made it's way to her lost senses as she opened her eyes, afraid to face whatever she was seeing in her dream, she looked around. As soon as her eyes found me, she latched on me, holding tightly as if her life depends on it. And I did whatever was needed in that moment, patted her back and tried to calm her down.

"It's okay, It's okay Monami. It was just a dream. Calm down. " I tried, knowing the fact that I'm very bad at comforting people.

As her sobs started fading, I could hear her heart thumping loudly against my chest. Her uneven breaths and shivering body made me feel protective for her. And before I could realise or stop myself, my other hand went up to caress her hairs.

When finally she went all silent, I called out again, "Monami?? " But she didn't respond. So I pulled her back just to find out that she's already slept. Laying her back on the bed I brushed away some strands of hairs from her face and lyi down beside her at a decent distance.

I stared at the ceiling with wide awake eyes, as If I wasn't sleeping at all just some minutes ago. Whatever just happened, was enough to made my sleep run and jump out of the window and I realized that I am the most dumbest person in my knowing.

How the hell I can ignore all this?? In past three and half months, I never tried to know more about her. If not in a way to bond with her, atleast I should have tried it to find the truth. But I was so busy making myself believe that I hate her, that didn't even think about any of this.

My head got flooded with every single thing that could be suspicious about her, off course for the first time not in a negative way but in general.

The first thing that was occupying my head was her nightmares. I don't know how often she have them, it's our second night together. I don't know if it happens almost everyday or if it's got triggered by something. God dammit, I don't even know the reason.

But Sid must know. My inner voice reminded me.

And Why the hell bhai didn't let her go to her house?? He was so angry when she tried to convince him. And she doesn't even talk to her Uncle Aunt or cousins. Not to forget that no one ever saw her talking to her parents either.

My head got hammered with another realisation. I NEVER SAW DAD OR BHAI TALKING TO THEM EITHER.

Though, they claim to be in contact with them, but, I never saw them.

Shit!! There's definitely something big that I don't know.

My body stiffened as a hand came around my torso holding onto the side of my T-shirt, following it, came the head that snuggled into my side.

I felt as if my breaths got robbed out of my lungs. I stayed there, unmoving under her arm.

Well, the major issue of my life should be this girl. Actually she is. And I need to maintain my distance from her. Cause I know she's a bad news. But still, my actions are totally opposite of my opinions.

It's not that I didn't realised the change in my behavior since I'm back. I had decided a way different things but, it's hard to ignore her, and continue to being harsh on her. I know what I'm doing, I know the way my eyes look at her, My body responds to her touch and my words change their tone when it comes to her. I remember the depression in myself, when I couldn't find her that evening, and the rage to ripp out every fucking bone out of the body of those fuckers who dared to even think about touching her.