Ocean Of Embarrassment

I Was drowning deeper and deeper in my pool of embarrassment when someone knocked on my door.

My heart picked it's pace, even more,

What If It's Karan??

Nope! No way in hell I'm ready to face him right now. What the fuck I'm supposed to say.

**knock** **knock **

I jumped up started from the bed and looked at the door as if it's some goblin.

"Monu, are you there ??"

Bhai spoke up from the other side and body relaxed.

Well, off course it's gonna be embarrassing, but not more then if it has been Karan calling out for me.

"Y-Yeah,I'm here."

He pushed the door open and stood face to face with Me.

"Are you fine?? " Bhai asked and I nodded in answer, unable to meet his gaze I kept my face down.

He put his one arm around my shoulder and walked me towards the bed.

Sitting besides me he started.

"Look Monu!! I know why you did what you did. Though I would say that it happened to be wrong but right eventually. Still, you don't have to force yourself. I know you're doing this so Karan doesn't have to be pushed to do anything he doesn't want to." I hesitantly averted my gaze from bhai.

"It's not like that bhai, I like M-

Before I could complete he cut me off in between.

" I know you more then you do, so let's just the skip the part where you pretend to be in love with Meehir. And for Karan, I know him too, He doesn't hate you, just wants to hate you. "

I looked up at bhai, surprised.

"What does that mean?? " I asked.

"He can't be blamed for being this. That day, when Dad got shot, his condition was so critical, doctors said that there are very short chances of him to survive. " Bhai took a pause and gave me a comforting look but I looked down in guilt. "Karan was all messed up, he didn't had a bit of sleep till dad get his conscious back. Since then he thinks that all that happened, all that he had to suffer, Dad had to suffer was because of you. And you didn't even looked back for once. "

My head shot towards bhai once again.

"But, how- I -I

I stuttered in shock.

" off course I know that you and Sid missed that flight, even stayed here for two days, but he doesn't. I just don't know what to tell him Monu. "

"I don't understand all this bhai. Why are you keeping secrets, you never told ke about what happened that day and why, you still are keeping things away from me, you don't want me to go Jaipur, And Karan, he doesn't even knows a thing about anything. "

"I can just say that, it's so complicated, for now, I have alot in my plate to deal with. But Trust me Monu I'll sort all this out, soon. You do trust me, right?? "

He asked expectantly and I nodded.

"Now tell me for last time. You don't like Meehir that way. Right?? "

I chuckled and whispered a 'no'

"Thank God. You don't worry about Karan. He's just like coconut, hard from outside and soft from inside. You just need to break it. " He smiled and I smiled back.

" Now get changed, dinner is ready. " He said standing up.

"Um...bhai.. Can I just eat here only?? I don't feel like coming down?" I asked Making puppy eyes.