Where It All Started

Monami

It doesn't matter how much time did you spent away, the moment you come back to the place you've been raised, your home, you'll feel like you have never left.

So much has changed, But the feeling of being home, is still the same. The smell of the air, of my people, my culture was still the same like nine years ago. But it definitely don't come with the happy parts only, the loss that I had bear, the people that I lost, those sad memories and the pain of this place was also the same. It's the both way, I'm happy to be home, but sad to be at the home where the people, who loved me more then their own lives weren't there anymore. And even more sad is that, I can't even go to relive the memories that I've left. I can't even see the place that I used to call my home.

"Blue Moon Hotel. " Karan's voice pulled me out of my trance as we stood at the exit of the Jaipur airport, talking to a taxi driver.

Bhai told us to not come here until the ritual is need to be done. So we are staying somewhere near, but outside of the Jaipur.

I know Karan was aching to know the full reason of our visit. But still, his inside self didn't allowed him to ask. He just, is unable to do that. And I understand that, it's his natur. I'm just contented with the normal behavior he's using with me, or I might add he was using me. He's behaving a little off since last night. Even slept in the guest room. So I guessed that he's back to his old self, and I don't really want to push it, so I let him be.

He helped the driver to put our luggage in the car then walked up to me. "Shall we go?? "

I nodded and Karan held the door open for me and gestured me to get inside the car.

After almost twenty minutes, car stopped in front of a hotel and we got out of it. Taking the luggage, we entered inside and went straight to the reception.

He told me in the morning that he had already booked the hotel last night, So we don't have to face any problem.

"Your Id's please. " The receptionist asked and Karan handed her our I'd proofs. "Here."

" This way Sir. " She gestured us to follow her but suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see the person.

"Monami?? " He whispered and I froze.

"Sahas Uncle. " I was shocked, but overwhelmed to see him after all these years and immediately hugged him.

His body stiffened as if he wasn't expecting the hug and it took him almost a minute to put his arms around my frame as he hugged me back. Still I could feel his uncomfortableness, or maybe I just imagined it. Ignoring the thoughts I pulled back and saw him staring at me. But the next moment his expression changed and he seemed to relaxed, as if after realising something.

"Monami. You are here. Finally. You have no Idea how much we missed you and tried to find you. " He said holding my shoulders.

" I-I just couldn't come to see you all, but I really missed you guys. " I answered stuttering as I didn't knew what should I say or not.

"What?? Wh-, wait, Karan?? Is that you?? Oh my god. You guys have grown up so beautifully. " He said noticing Karan behind me and Karan touched his feet before uncle pulled him into a hug.

" I met Suraj some days ago. But even he didn't told me about Monami, or both of you visiting here. "

"It was meant to be a secret. " Karan said and I saw him looking intently at Uncle's face as if he was trying to figure out something.

"Oh, Is that so?? But, who are connected by destiny, will eventually meet. isn't right?? " He said brushing his palm on my hair and I smiled uncomfortably as I didn't knew what the heck will we do now.