Empty Parts

Monami

A tear escaped my eyes as I stared at the picture in my phone.

It's been nine years since I've celebrated my birthday. I used to get very excited about them but I realized it later that the excitement wasn't because of my birthday's but, it was because I got to celebrate them with my family.

One day, and everything got ruined, shattered. The family, relationships, love, home, everything and I was left empty handed.

Everything is left in this picture only. I can't go to the ones I lost forever, but also can't go to the ones I have left. 1

The love Shergill family has given me all these years is priceless, unlimited but these birthday's always overpowers me, and made me remember those empty parts inside me that I can never ever will be able to fill.

"Monu?? " Sid's voice broke my trance and wiped away the tear before turning back to look at him.

" Hey!! " I chirped.

" Can you please come with me come with me, I need your help with something. " He asked desperately.

"Er, okay. What's it?? " I asked getting up and walking out of the dispenser with him.

"You'll know. "I nodded and walked calmly with him wherever he was dragging me.

We stopped in front of the hanger area where everyone was already gathered. They all looked at me with twinkling eyes.

And I guessed that the least thing I wanted in this moment, was happening.

" Sid don't tell m-

"Surprise!! " Everyone shouted together getting aside and revealing the big ass cake.

I froze.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Monami!! Happy birthday to you!! " They started singing as I stood at the entrance dumbfounded.

I felt my eyes burning at the view. Composing myself, I looked at the Sid with a disappointed face.

"I'm sorry, But I can not do this anymore. " He said making a helpless face.

When he dragged me here I, never for second thought that he would've planned something like this, or he would become the part of something like this, because he's the most known person to the feelings and memories I have related to this day. Despite knowing that I hate this, He still did all this.

"C'mon Monu. Let's cut the cake." Koel called out grabbing my attention.

As I looked at her, she gave me an encouraging look gesturing me to go there. I wasn't that cruel to spoil everyone's mood because of mine, So, inhaling deeply, I walked up to them and looked down at the cake.

It was beautiful indeed, There was a small Mjolrin on the top of it. Just like I would have loved and jumped in excitement after seeing this.

But the havoc inside me didn't allowed.

"Thank you so much everyone. But It really wasn't necessary." I said looking up at everyone.

At a distance, in corner, I saw Karan leaning on the wall and watching silently. Our eyes met for a moment then I looked away. I didn't expected him to remember my birthday or wish me, even, I myself just wish to forget it.

"Monami, show some excitement Yaar. It's your birthday. " Faizy beamed besides me dragging me closer towards the cake.

"I, Er... Sid" I looked up at found him standing besides Sanju. " Come here. " He Frowned before walking up to me.