Proving Love

Monami

As I walked down, Bhai And Bhabhi was bidding farewell to their last guest. By the time I got down they were already out.

I cleared my throat to get thier attention and everyone looked at my way.

"Monu!! How are you feeling now??" Sid walked up to me and pulled me in his side with an arm over my shoulder

I hummed in answer as we walked towards a table and sat down.

I looked at Karan only to find him already staring at me. But as soon as our eyes met he whipped his eyes off me.

"Bhai!! I think we should leave now!! "

" No, I've talked to Batra Sir and agreed to let you guys stay here for a night. "

"But Bhai, we have responsibilities of this new batch on our shoulders. Atleast one of us should be thier for thier any need Or guidance."

"Then I'll go. " Faizy and Sanju spoke together.

"No. You two stay here and enjoy with everyone. I'll go. "

" Does it even make sense Karan?? The to be bridegroom will go and we will stay, how can?? "

" So it's decided. I'm going. "

"But Sanju-

Faizy and Karan started but she interrupted them.

" Sir, even I've some work do get done. So please.!! "

Saying that she walked towards the main door and next moment, she was out of sight.

Sighing heavily Faizy slumped in one of the chairs besides Sid And Koel settled besides him.

"Where's Meehir?? " I asked Sid and my eyes traveled behind him on Karan who was standing behind Sid.

Before our eyes could meet " I need to place a call. Excuse me!!  " Saying that he turned towards Faizy and motioned him to follow, then both walked outside.

"Sid!! Meehir?? " I asked shooking his shoulder who probably didn't heard me in the very first. "Where are you lost?? "

"Uh nothing. He's upstairs. He got a drink spilled on his cloths. " He said eyes the main door.

"I'll go and prepare dinner. " Barkha bhabhi said before stepping towards kitchen.

"Bhabhi!! " I called and she turned to face me with a humm.

"I wanted to talk to you and bhai!! "
They both exchanged glances and then fixed thier gazes on me.

"We are all ears. Say it?? " Bhai said walking closer and sitting beside me, bhabhi followed the suit and settled on the only chair besides bhai.

"I don't want this. " I murmured looking at my lap.

"What,exactly you don't want?? " Bhai asked in confusion.

Taking a deep breath I looked up at bhai.

" I don't want this marriage Bhai. I don't want to marry Karan. You know he doesn't likes me! "

Sid gaped at me blankly.

Silence!

Silence!

Silence!

A dangerous, stressful and uncomfortable silence filled the place.

Everyone looked at me as if it's not me but some alien from Jupiter.

"Did you got the cold affecting your head?? " Koel scoffed.

"Or did you just hit your head somewhere?? " Sid asked in utter disbelief.