42.

Chapter 42 enjoy xx
Also plz read A/N at the end of this chapter .

"Jo , I'm on my way home I'll be there in like half an hour , please keep my baby safe and okay till then" Carina said . Just after she had gotten off the phone with Maya , Vic had rang her .

Vic had talked to Jo who suggested it was definitely time to ring Carina . So Vic had and Carina sounded frantic on the phone as she explained that Maya had just called .

Vic tried to calm Carina down and reminded her that Maya was safe with them at the moment . Carina eventually calmed down and packed her suitcase . When she got off the phone with Vic , who promised to bring Maya back to the apartment, she rang Bailey , the woman instantly sympathized with Carina and cancelled all of her lectures for that day but compromised with Carina and was able to schedule her ones for the rest of the week to be done over zoom .

Carina was happy enough with this and checked out of her hotel needing to get home to her baby asap . After Jo had rang her telling Carina she had left work and was at the apartment with Maya and Vic , Carina's head was filled with thoughts .

She knew Maya's separation anxiety was bad . Sure hell , her own separation from Maya was bad , even just after 24 hours at the convention Carina was counting down the minutes until she had her baby in back in her arms . But now she was worried about Maya , her sensory overloads and overstimulation episodes hadn't been this bad since she had been little . At the beginning of their relationship she would have episodes quite often but not worrying like this .

But then Carina thought , she hadn't been away from Maya since then for very long . She wondered if the anticipation and the knowing that Carina wasn't going to be there made Maya worse . She felt horrible. It was the worst drive home in her life . She felt like she wasn't getting any closer to home .

She probably drove way over the speed limit but she needed Maya in her arms and she needed to help her and care for her like she knew how . Once Maya was okay and back in her arms Carina could worry about getting Maya the proper help she needed .

———-

When Carina got home she practically ran up the drive way . She ran in the door and could here quiet chatting from the living room. Nova greeted her and rubbed her head anxiously against Carina's leg before running behind her and pushing Carina forwards towards the living room.

Nova could sense Maya wasn't doing well and the animal knew the only thing the little blonde needed was her Mama.

Carina patted Nova's head before making her way to the living room .

"Hi guys" Carina said announcing herself . She didn't really pay attention to the women as they greeted her back.

Maya who had been laying on the couch with her back towards the women sucking anxiously on her pacifier had quickly turned around when she heard her Mama's voice and tears fell down her face .

"I know Bella , I'm here baby girl I'm right here" Carina said tears falling down her eyes as well as she picked Maya up . She could see the redness on both Maya's arms from scratching and some of her nails were bleeding from biting them .

"Mama" Maya sighed latching her lips onto the first patch of skin she could reach on Carina's neck . The action soothed both women , Carina finally let out a sigh of relief at finally feeling her bambina close . Maya suckled quietly while the rest of the women sat in silence . Carina eventually felt Maya's body relax and her breath even out indicating she had fallen asleep .

"What happened" Carina said squeezing Maya tighter to her body .

"I honestly don't know Carina , you saw her on the phone last night and she seemed fine but this morning she was quiet , she got a little overwhelmed when she was getting dressed so I helped her but after that she didn't utter a word" Jo said feeling bad for the little one .