0.3

Carina woke up the next morning with a start. With a quick glance at the clock, she realized it was only six in the morning. She glanced around the dimly lit room before her eyes fell on Maya shaking beside her. Carina took note of the thumb being sucked fiercely by the little blonde, before reaching out to her.

"Bambina Vieni qui a Rina" (Baby come here to Rina) Carina said softly, causing Maya to turn to face her. Carina's heart broke at the sight of the crying blonde hoping to teach maya how to wake her up if she needs her. She knows maya was taught to fend for herself, but these are the things Carina hopes to change.

"Carina" the blonde sobbed clearly fighting the urge to drop.

Carina remembered what Diane had said to her in the letter and was quick to gather Maya up in her arms. She turned the crying blonde around, so she was straddling Carina's waist. "Hey bambina let yourself relax, let yourself slip I've got you baby, Rina's got you" Carina whispered soothing her hand over maya's back.

She whispered soothing words until she felt Maya fully relax in her arms. "Rina" the small blonde hiccupped.

"I'm here Babygirl, did you have a scary dream again" Carina asked gently.

"Mmhmm scawy no ike its Rina" Maya mumbled out. Carina could not stop herself from placing a kiss on the top of Mayas head because she was just so adorable. She looked so innocent and relaxed, and Carina could not help but think she wanted this forever.

"What happened Tesoro" Carina asked .

"Mean Man huwt Maya an shout a hwe" Maya explained beginning to cry. Carina knew exactly who this 'mean man' was. She hated Lane Bishop if there was a stronger word for hate that would be the feeling, she felt towards him. She hated the pain he caused her girl, her baby.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry you had a bad dream, but Rina is here now to mind you and make sure you have no more scary dreams" Carina said.

"otay, you gonna giwe out to da scawy dreams" Maya asked looking innocently up at Carina.

"Oh, ya Rina is gonna get really cross with the bad dreams and tell them to leave her baby alone" Carina whisper shouted while pointing her finger angrily at nothing. At that Maya let out the sweetest little laugh and Carina wondered how much more in love with her she could get.

"But baby it is very early, and I think we can go sleepies for just another little while" Carina said gently hoping to not cause Maya anymore upset.

"otay but Rina tay and giwe cuddwles" Maya asked as they lay down on the bed.

"of course, I can't sleep without my bambinas cuddles" she said pulling maya to lay on her chest.

Maya instantly brought her thumb to her mouth and Carina internally cringed. She gently pulled maya's thumb back out and to her surprise maya just let out a little grunt.

Maya, though seemed to have other plans. She squirmed around for a moment before bringing carina's nightshirt into her mouth instead. Carina watched amusedly as Maya cringed not liking the way the shirt felt in her mouth at all, she spat out the slightly damp fabric before turning her head into Carina's neck and whined softly before latching on to Carina's collarbone sucking experimentally at first before letting out a happy noise and continuing to suckle.

Carina decides against correcting maya deciding its better her skin than Maya's thumb. She may be left with suspicious bruises on her neck but nothing she could not cover up. Instead, she softly moves maya's body, so she is lying completely on Carina, her legs straddling Carina's waist as she sticks her little butt in the air. She lets out a content sigh at the more comfortable angle of carina's neck. Carina smiles down at Maya and begins patting her butt lightly and within the next five minutes Maya is fast asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Carina Is happy that the second time she wakes up it is half past nine. Maya feels Carina wake up and in turn starts to whine and whimper as she wakes up as well trying her hardest to bury herself in Carina's chest.

"Morning Bambina" Carina laughs as Maya unlatches from the skin of the brunette's neck and sits up on Carina's stomach.

"mowning" Maya yawns rubbing her eyes.

"Did you have good dreams when you went back to sleep bubba" Carina asks lightly tickling Mayas sides loving the baby giggles she receives.

"Es ,Rina ot rid of awll da bad dweams" Maya says waving her hands around in the air.

"I'm glad bambina, but I think Rina should get a kiss from her bambina for doing that don't you think" Carina smiled teasingly.

She watched as Maya nodded her head enthusiastically before leaning over and placing a little kiss on Carinas lips making a 'mwah' sound that Carina had to laugh at.

"Thank you, baby," Carina said through laughs as maya just looked confused.

"elcome" Maya said before starting to squirm on top of Carina.

Carina took a moment to rack her brain before she realized why Maya was squirming.

"Baby do you need to use the potty" Carina approached carefully not wanting to embarrass the blonde.

"Mmhmm potty Rina" Maya whimpered bringing a hand down to hold herself.

Carina acted quickly, setting Maya down on her feet before she took off running in the direction of the bathroom shutting the door behind herself. Carina did not think much of it and just waited for the blonde to reappear. She came out a minute later and hopped back up on the bed and resituated herself on Carina's lap.

Carina was just about to ask her if she felt better now before feeling a dampness on Mayas shorts. She was not soaked so Carina knew she had not had an accident, it took her a minute to realize what had happened before mentally facepalming.

"Maya baby did you wipe after you went potty" Carina said bluntly pushing Maya's hair out of her face. Maya just stared up at her innocently tilting her head in confusion. Carina decided not to say anything else knowing it was not Maya's fault and reminding herself that she was essentially looking after a 2-year-old, and she would have to pay more attention to little details to avoid any upset.

So instead, she decided it was time to get dressed anyway, she brought Maya into the bathroom and sorted her out before bringing the now bottomless blonde out onto the bed to dress her. After a minor tantrum about one of Carinas jumpers that Maya wanted to wear being in the wash maya was all dressed and ready for the day.

Carina kept a close eye on maya who had taken to playing with Carina's hairbrush only having to be told once not to put it in her mouth while Carina got herself dressed. Maya was mumbling baby gibberish away to herself and carina was in awe of how carefree she looked.

"Rina nakey" Maya suddenly laughed pointing at carina who was in fact naked just about to put on her clothes.

"I am baby but I'm getting dressed now see" Carina said as she slid on underwear and comfortable clothes.

"Maya be nakey too" Maya laughed trying to pull of her jumper.

"No Bambina let's leave our clothes on yeah and go get some breakfast" Carina replied hoping to distract the baby from pulling her clothes off.

"breakie" Maya clapped.

"Yeah, breakie come on Bambina" Carina said walking to the door before hearing maya whine.

Carina turned back round to the cutest sight of Maya with an extreme pouty face holding out her arms.

"Rina uppie" Maya whined making grabby hands toward her.

"Oh, Bambina you are gonna be the death of me" Carina replied laughing as she walked over and lifted maya onto her hip.

————————-
Thank you for reading the first three chapters please let me know what you think and if you want me to continue writing it x