₮ⱧɆ ฿ⱤØ₮ⱧɆⱤⱧØØĐ

Y/n's P.O.V
Right in front of us was Azure Lion, just like the one I saw in the scroll. He had a golden mane, blue skin, and purplish eyes.

Everyone was there, everyone but Wukong, and that made me mad.

"Azure? Where's Monkey King?" MK asked Azure as he gripped the scroll.

"Explain yourself, Azure!" Mei says, gripping her sword.

"What are you--."

"Azure's been lying to us, MK." Tang told him.

"Um, maybe we should give Mr. Lion a chance to explain." Sandy spoke up.

"Well, Mr. Lion better start explaing before I make him." I growled, rolling up my sleeves.

"I saw it! Here. Wherever this place is. Him! Plotting to take down the Monkey King. That was his plan all along, to trap Monkey King inside that scroll and do something sinister, something bad, probably." Tang explained.

Azure looked at Tang in surprise before he looked away.

"See?! He's basically admitting it! And to think I modeled my brand new sword after yours! Gross!" Mei gags.

"It wasn't my intention to deceive you, but I knew you wouldn't understand. Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness, not permission." Azure says.

"Ooh, okay. Then I hope you won't be upset when I don't ask permission for this!" Mei lunged forward with her sword out in front of her.

Azure stepped aside, unleashing a volleyball of ink from the scroll.

Mei brought her sword down through an opening, but a hand reached out from the scroll and a bright light exploded.

Mei's attack was blocked by a pair of golden wings.

"Greetings, little girl." A bird rose from the ink, opening their wings and throwing Mei off balance, causing her to slam into a pillar.

"Mei!"

"Hold on."

"Mei!"

The others leaped at them, but Sandy pushed Tang out of the way as another weapon came at them, this time, an elephant coming out of the ink.

Pigsy crashed to the ground while Sandy tried to hold the elephant off, but he was defeated.

If I remember correctly, the bird's name is Peng, and the elephant's name is Yellowtusk.

I looked up to see Peng pointing their ji at Mei, and kept a claw on Tang.

"No! Please, Azure." MK begs, his monkey form flickering.

"If it isn't the Great Monk Tang Sanzang. You cannot imagine how I've longed for this moment." Peng says to Tang.

"Tang!" I summoned my spear, pointing it at Peng. "You better get your claw off him before I turn you into chicken tenders for lunch."

Peng's eyes widened. "The princess? But how?"

"Peng, stop! This man isn't who you think, and neither is the princess." Azure stopped them.

Peng laughs and puts away their wings. "Took you long enough, brother. I feel as though I've been trapped in that cursed thing for 1,000 years."

"How long has it been?" Yellowtusk asks.

"Oh, I don't know, truth be told. Yellowtusk, bring it in, old friend." Azure smiles, hugging them.

Azure turned to us. "MK, I'm sorry things got so out of hand. Let me introduce you to my brothers, The Golden Peng and Yellowtusk the Wise."