₥₳₵₳QɄɆ

Y/n's P.O.V
I watched as MK hammered a wall while Wukong just lay on his cloud doing nothing.

"I thought this was supposed to train him." I leaned over to Wukong.

"It is training him." He said.

"How exactly?" I ask.

"Teaching him to step into the strike, simple as that." He answered, leaning back on his cloud.

"Sure it is." I sat down beside him.

I started to think about all that's happened since MK became his successor.

That was the first time I saw him in years. I wanted to be mad, I wanted to be angry, but I couldn't, and now I'm happy that I can see him again.

I missed him.

Him and Macaque.

I wonder where Macaque is now?

MK grunted, swinging the hammer at the wall. "You know, when I found out I was going to be trained by the Monkey King, Great Sage, Equal to Heaven, I had no idea that I'd be stuck here hammering walls 12 hours a day. Why am I doing this again?"

"Oh, so I can make a nice little breakfast nook. Get some light up in here." Wukong said to him.

"Seriously, Wukong. A breakfast nook?" I crossed my arms.

"What? I figured the place could use a little remodeling, so why not add a breakfast nook?" He shrugged.

"But I'm meant to be Monkie Kid. Not Construction Boy. How am I supposed to do the hero stuff if I don't know the fighting stuff?" MK complained.

"Oh? So you want to know the "fighting stuff," huh? Like this?" Wukong's eyes glowed, throwing the staff and smashing a hole in the wall.

"Show off." I spoke.

"Huh? Whoa. Yes, exactly like that. I am ready for some awesome." MK gasped in awe.

Wukong chuckles at MK's eagerness. "Look, bud. You can't rush this stuff. You'll get there. You just need practice."

"But this isn't practice." MK said.

Wukong groans. "I'm never going to teach you something you don't need to know, okay?"

MK huffs in response.

"Okay. Now, this priceless, ancient mural is not going to destroy itself. So remember: Step into the strike." Wukong told him.

"Don't worry, bud. You'll get to learn the cool stuff soon." I gave MK a comforting pat.

MK sighed, picking up the hammer again, but his phone started ringing.

"MK, we really need your help." Mei spoke through the phone.

"A monster attacking the city? That's terrible. Dang. Guess I got to go do some boring hero stuff instead of this. Let's go, Mom. Okay, bye." MK grabbed my arm, running off.
_______________________________________

Back in Megapolis, we met up with others.

"What did I miss?" MK turned to Mei.

"MK, what took you so long?" Mei asks.

"Sorry, sorry, Monkey King was making me do boring stuff. That the bad guy?" MK pointed to the giant shadow monster.

The shadow monster was made out of, well shadows, and a scar on its face where the right eye is supposed to be. There was also a shadowy scarf around its neck.

I stared at it, feeling a sense of familiarity.

I've never seen it before, but it felt familiar.

"Okay. Be right back. Here comes--" MK charges forward.