₳ ⱧɆⱤØ ł₴ ฿ØⱤ₦

Y/n's P.O.V
I sat down, listening to Tang telling MK another Monkey King story.

I sighed, thinking about Monkey King and Macaque again. It's been years since I've seen them, and good on that, I didn't want to, plus MK was grown.

Tang starts telling MK about how Monkey King sealed the Demon Bull King away with his staff. "The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished. There maybe no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except... the legendary Monkey King. The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, the Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction. And with the Demon Bull King gone, civilization was able to advance into the amazing city we now live in. A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King."

"Oh, that's so good!" MK cheered. "Monkey King's so cool! He's so strong and handsome--"

"He's something alright." I interrupted him.

"But Mom, he's so cool, you use to love hearing stories about Monkey King." MK said.

"That was before, sweetie. This is now." I looked at him.

MK shrugged, turning back to Tang.

"Oh, MK. And you thought you knew all the Monkey King stories." Tang chuckles.

MK pulled his unauthorized biography of Monkey King. "Oh, but I do. I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey King. Written and illustrated by yours truly. Like I knew he was born from a stone, and live behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friends! And- and- and oh!"

"It's nice to know someone's taking in all these stories. Pearls of wisdom, dripping from my lips." Tang looks at MK and clears his throat. "Well, you know the deal: one story, one free bowl of Zha jiang mian. Hmm?"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Pigsy will get mad." I told both of them.

"I'm sure it's fine, Mom." He reached for a bowl of noodles. "Hey, how heavy do you think a mountain is? Compare to like--" He was interrupted as a spoon was thrown at him.

I caught the spoon before it could hit him. "I told you so."

"Free noodles?!" Pigsy takes the noodles. "No one gets a free meal at Pigsy's! I'm not running a charity here, Tang!" Pigsy glared at him.

"Ah, but Pigsy. I was paying with wisdom." Tang said.

"Yeah? Well, wisdom don't pay the rent, you freeloader! And you!" Pigsy points to MK. "You've been slacking off all morning! I've got a dozen orders that need to go out, so quit slacking and get packing! I need a delivery driver since Y/n doesn't deliver no more!"

MK rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah. I was about to take my break. So..."

"Break? Break?! There's no break in war! I need workers. Soldiers in the army of Pigsy's Noodles, home of the world's longest noodles. How else am I gonna expand my business into enemy territory?" Pigsy said, crossing his arms.

"Pigsy, I keep telling you, if you at least try to get along with the restaurant across the street, you could open work together.' I told him.

"And I've said no. I stand by my statement!" He said to me, then turned to MK. "Now, hurry up!"