Demon lord's land - War (dark)

Time is cruel. It's especially true for long-lived species.
They, who remember the past. They, who watched the world change. They, who see how history is forgotten...
and is bound to be repeated.

The meeting began. The greatest powers of the country were there, with every single individual who was relevant to take the decision present. Most of the attendants were representatives from the defense and military side.

Of course, the emperor, demon lord Rimuru was there too, along with his two secretaries. While he hasn't participated actively in politics since a few decades ago, ever since the country became pretty much self-sufficient, this time he couldn't afford to be absent. After all, the constitution stated that only the demon lord could move the troops.

"Your majesty, please grant us permission!"

"You majesty, please wait a bit more. The other side has yet to make a move!"

"And what? Wait until it's too late?"

"Are you letting them underestimate us?"

"Why do you want to attack a country whose hostility is yet to be confirmed?"

"They have been making suspicious moves. They will attack at any time!"

"You are aiming to invade the world. You greedy ones!"

"What about you? You want military achievements!"

"We need to protect our country from outside dangers?"

"The military needs to be disbanded!"

"They are underestimating our country, the demon lord!"

It was a complete disaster. The bureaucrats couldn't agree with each other, and the discussion extended for a long time. Worst of all, the international climate was tense, thus the meeting was broadcast. All the world was watching this foolish discussion.

Rimuru was watching it with bored eyes. It was all nonsense. This debate was meaningless. His politics wouldn't change. The army would move only when the country gets invaded; Tempest would never attack first.

A little preoccupation about public safety and panic was coming to Rimuru's thoughts. The fear of imminent danger would hinder the citizens' everyday life. Many of them have never witnessed the true power of a demon lord's army; most of the current citizens have never learned about the power of the demon lord.

Then, he came. A messenger. That foolish country started moving its army. They would reach the city within two hours since they used some teleportation scrolls to move the troops nearer the capital city. Moreover, they sent the war declaration after teleporting their troops.

"Your majesty. Please allow my unit to go first!" a goblina, Raina, asked Rimuru. While Benimaru was still the supreme commander, Raina aimed for his position. She was one of the people at odds with the old generation.

"Your majesty, please allow a full war. Their technology is nothing to laugh about!" a scared minister asked for an all-out war instead of sending one unit.

"We can prove to them the power of the demon lord, Rimuru-sama!" Raina insisted on sending her unit first. They were strong enough to handle the force that was coming. Her unit was the biggest one in the military. She needed the glory for her dream to come true.

Rimuru closed his eyes for a second and thought about the situation. After so many years, the humans forgot to fear the demon lords, which resulted in this foolish attempt. If so...

<<We need them to remember the power of the demon lords. As for the strategy, I suggest that->>

'Hold on, partner, I have a great idea. See, what if we...'