Spirit fox - Girl (Dark)

Her mom's pies were the best. As an orc, her mother loved to cook.

Her older brother always took away her share. They would always fight, but he got stronger as he got older.

It didn't get better when the youngest was born. The little boy was the strongest since he was born an orc like their mother. The other two were born as spirit foxes like their father and stood no chance in a physical fight.

They lived deep in the forest. It was far from the spirit fox village.

After the fox girl got her spirit blessings in the village, the family decided to move. They would move to the city, where they didn't have to live in hiding.

Why were they hiding?

At night, under the shadows' embrace, the couple took the three children and ran away. The fox girl was in her mother's arms with her little brother. It was so warm in there. If only, if only this warmth could last forever...

The fox girl opened her eyes. A cold and dark place greeted her.

Another dream. Another memory of the far but peaceful childhood. Now, the spirit fox girl only had her little brother with her.

That night, their family got caught by the village. Their family was marked as heretics, all because their father married a high orc. Their parents were executed on the spot. The spirit fox girl was sold with her little brother to whoever came by the village. She didn't know what happened to the eldest kid.

Being sold as slaves would have been better. They were bought by a demonic cult. They would be forced to work until they would get sacrificed to the demon.

The fox girl never resented her parents. She resented their village.

Even after all the hardships, the small spirit fox was grateful to her fate, as it allowed her to not be alone. She would do her best for her little brother.

Regardless of her efforts, the day was drawing near. Soon, they would be sacrificed to summon the mighty lord of the cult.

New kids were brought for the great day. Cry babies. Even if they cried, no one would ever help them.

She was scared. She didn't want to die. She wanted to live with her brother. What did her family ever do wrong?

She prayed. To the lord of monsters from her mother's stories. To the great lord.

Please, at least help my brother be happy... I don't wanna die...

"No, Help!" a hobgoblin who tried to run away was being taken away. He would never return.

"Leave him! It was my plan!" a human kid with clear golden eyes stepped in. The enraged guard threw the hobgoblin and took the kid who went against him.

"Hey, Rim, it's not fair! I wanna go too!" an ignorant pink-haired girl followed them.

"Milly, wait!"

"You two are the first sacrifices!" The guard shouted as he took the two away.

Poor kids. The fox girl trembled while imagining their fates. A tear fell on her face as she thought about the same future her brother and herself would suffer.

"Sis..." the little orc took his sister's hand.

He is still too young, please, oh Lord of monsters

The floor trembled. Everything was shaking. A light came from the floor, probably from the lower floors where the summoning was being made.

Ah. They wouldn't become the demon's sacrifice, but its food.