Story teller. Heroes

You think heroes are cool?

Yes, I admit it. They are cool when they fight villains or strong opponents and emerge victorious. They are cool when they help the weak and the needed ones.

I don't like heroes. I prefer demon lords. Why? Because I am selfish. A self-centered individual. Thus, I would never allow myself to suffer for others.

Is it bad to be selfish?

You can only think like that because you don't know about the heroes' suffering path. Most of them start, but never get to see the end of their thorny path.

How bad is it, you ask? Let me tell you a few examples, ones who are still surviving up to the date.

There was a boy and a girl. The boy was separated from the girl, his special one. The boy tried everything possible to find the girl, his dear one. As the boy trained and became stronger, he also matured and became a man.

He found many difficult situations. Many people were living in poverty and suffering where he passed. While looking for his friend was imperative, he also protected some of those people. The ones he could reach, the ones he could help, the ones with useful abilities.

After a while, the man was called a hero.

He suffered even more hardships to find his beloved. He even asked the fairy queen for help. But he failed. The girl he looked for was nowhere to be found.

Moreover, the people he helped became his shackles. Those humans stopped being simply grateful, but started to expect protection, to take it for granted. Finally, the hero snapped. He moved towards his desires, falling from grace and being recognized as a demon lord.

The ex-hero was shunned by human society. Not that he cared. All he needed was his beloved. The man gave up his hero duties and separated himself from humanity.

How is that? Heroes are often made slaves for the weak. They can't even fulfill a personal desire before the rest. Quite a hard life, isn't it?

There was a hero who loved humans. That hero was strong enough to contend with the first and strongest demon lord. The hero was also blessed by the god. He had wonderful companions too.

The hero befriended the demon lord but was unable to surpass his strength. Therefore, he tried to look for another way to defeat the demon lord. To protect humanity.

Unfortunately, happy moments were about to end. His sister and brother-in-law were killed when he was busy uniting humanity. His lover was devastated, his own heart broke.

He hid his orphaned niece. It was the best, so that she wouldn't get targeted by the overlords. Regrettably, she was found and made suffer by the humans he tried so hard to protect. The world was being unfair to his family.

Over time, the hero's soul eroded. The power he received from God rebelled against him. That power refused to recognize the hero as his righteous master in the creator's absence.

After failing for centuries, he changed. The light in his eyes dimmed and the hero only cared about his victory. The victory he wished for humanity's freedom became the priority over humanity's safety.

His mind corroded, his soul faded. At the end, he lost himself and met his demise at war...

Wasn't this story about surviving heroes? Yes, it is! This hero will revive in a few decades... so he has yet to kick the bucket.

The next hero is alive. He is too well too.

A normal kid, who by fate twists acquired a powerful ability. The ability to draw people's hearts. The power to be loved.

He started as an adventurer. Saving many in need. Helping those he could reach. Enlightening the lost ones' paths.

Now, with great charisma and dependable partners, he leads a powerful country towards prosperity. It sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Regrettably, he didn't surpass the human realm. He is a lovable kid, but also an useful tool with an useful skill to be used by the strong. He has that great luck with him, which surrounds him with powerful and dependable individuals.

But I pity him. His consciousness is bound to be consumed over time. His personality will disappear and feed the one sleeping inside him.

Still, I am his fan! I just love how amazing he is! <3

He knows his position as a weak individual but uses his charisma to help whoever he can. With that dashing smile of his, who cannot love him?

I am sure you must have heard about him, I mean, who hasn't?

Ha? You are not sure? Of course, I am talking about the great and amazing, the shinning-

Let's continue with the next one...

This one is maybe the most successful one. Maybe the only one still living as a hero.

This is the story of a girl. A girl who saw many die. A girl who saw the world crumble. A girl who wished to save them. Her friends and her family, the world they all lived in and the people suffering there.

She traveled. A long and failure-full travel. A travel without end. One full of despair and sorrow, without hope.

She reached her end. An end that didn't exist at first. She made it. She made hope where there wasn't any. She connected her destiny with many others, reaching finally the end of her endless travels.

Her wish was accomplished. The world was saved. Not by the world but by her will. A few selected changes paved the path for the world's salvation. For a happy ending for all.

A true hero. Whilst powerful enough to fight alone, she chose to get help, to unite the world's powers to save the world. Just like a hero. Thus, she became a hero.

This hero never ended her travels. Even now, she is looking after the world, the one where her loved ones live.

Amazing, isn't it?

There was a man. He lived as a hero, fought strong creatures and fell in love with a woman stronger than himself. Then, they married.

His life was not one without challenges. Still, they were manageable, and he lived a happy life with his new family.

While waiting for their kid to come, catastrophe befell their country. A dragon breathing death rampaged all over the country. Many valiant soldiers fought. Soon, the hero participated too.

The dragon was too much, and the hero lost. The silver line was that his pregnant wife ran away.

As the hero laid down, the dragon destroyed the country and left. The creature was looking for something else to destroy.

The hero's life faded away. He wished for his beloved's embrace one more time. Just before losing his consciousness forever, an evil being offered salvation.

Now, the ex-hero wanders these lands with undying loyalty towards the evil being. No reminiscence of the past remains in his being. Now, he no longer lives as the hero he was once. He no longer remembers the beings he once loved.

And that's all. Too few? Well, they are the only ones alive, as far as I remember. There were a lot of heroes who never made it, and also saints and champions. Nevertheless, only one has got the right to call herself a hero and is still alive, she is the truest hero.

See, it's better to become a demon lord. That title doesn't have as many shackles as a hero. The path is so hard that only one successful being is alive now. The rest of the beings alive deserted or are about to die.

Maybe at some later date I can tell you about some champions. See ya~