A kid

As usual, Rimuru was filling paperwork inside his office. But this time he was distracted. His hands were writing, but his mind was elsewhere. He had a mad smile while tasting revenge.

It started yesterday.

The slime was strolling in the city, when spotted something delicious. He switched to his human form and asked for a crepe. When he was about to pay, Gobuta came by and paid for him.

"Don't worry about that! It's the duty of a-d-u-l-t-s" he said with a grin.

Rimuru was confused, but took the hand offered by the hobgoblin and enjoyed the city. It became weirder when the hobgoblin insisted on not letting him go alone or only allowing him to go to 'safe' places. Of course, that mischievous grin was also suspicious.

They got to rest and after playing with some kids, Rimuru got some free time to ask.

"Gobuta, what are you doing since a while ago?" (Rimuru)

"What do you mean?" (Gobuta)

"Something about being an adult or older or protecting the minor" (Rimuru)

After hearing his lord's question, Gobuta made a grin.

"I am just fulfilling my job as the adult here, Rimuru-sama" (Gobuta)

"Eh? I am an adult too" (Rimuru)

"You don't need to force yourself. I discovered your secret!" (Gobuta)

"What?" (Rimuru)

"Veldora-sama told me all. Your birth was about that time Veldora-sama's aura disappeared" (Gobuta)

"And?" (Rimuru)

"That happened about seven years ago. So Rimuru-sama is around seven years old!" (Gobuta)

"Eh?" (Rimuru)

'Is that so, Ciel?'

<<Rimuru-sama was born in the Cardinal world 7 years, 8 months, 15 days, 6 hours...>>

'Okay, that's fine'

<<Fufufu~ it's as Gobuta says, by human standards you are still a child>>

'Not you too...'

"Ku-hum. Gobuta-kun. You are not wrong, but I am also a reincarnator-" (Rimuru)

"I don't think that counts, Rimuru-sama" (Gobuta)

"Eh?" (Rimuru)

"I mean, the common sense here and there are different, aren't they?" (Gobuta)

"I believe so-" (Rimuru)

"Also, how the world operates is different, isn't it?" (Gobuta)

"That's... true" (Rimuru)

"So, you had to learn things from the beginning" (Gobuta)

"Well... yes" (Rimuru)

"Then, your previous life doesn't count!" (Gobuta)

Rimuru was surprised

'Ciel-sensei, is this the real Gobuta?'

<<The hobgoblin in front of you is undoubtedly Gobuta. The day before, he was seen talking with Veldora, Ramiris and Dino about a similar topic>>

'...'

"so, Rimuru-sama. Since I am older, I am taking care of you!" (Gobuta)

"Sigh. Listen-" (Rimuru)