Hide & Seek

I am in the middle of hundreds of slimes.

Why?

Because I am a slime, why else?

I am glad we are in summer. There are a lot of fellow slimes to camouflage myself with.

As some might have noticed, I am hiding.

This is the consequence of my mistake. A mistake made when the country was just being made. Before I even ascended to a demon lord.

That time, I left it, since I was busy with other things. Who would have thought that those would return to bite me back so many years later.

The last days were chaotic...

I was called by Ramiris. That little brat had a mischievous smirk, but I went along with her since I was free. That was probably my doom.

We reached Veldora's boss floor. Veldora, Kumara, Chloe, Kenya, Alice, Ryota, and Gale were waiting for me.

Chloe was holding that weird book, but I chose to avoid that topic. She liked books since little after all. How wrong was I to allow her to see that book...

They told me about the situation. It was more or less like this...

Chloe confessed to them about her being a grown-up. It seems she concealed a little about her infinite time travels, but she talked about Leon and her activities as a hero.

The kids accepted Chloe as that. They didn't blame her for their summonings or her association with Leon.

But they got competitive...

After some discussion, they decided to accomplish one of Chloe's most famous deeds: sealing the Storm Dragon.

Using their connections with Kumara, as well as their status as my students, they skipped the upper floors and started at the 96th floor.

Surprisingly, they did well against the dragons. I watched over their battle records while hearing their explanation. Even without Kumara and Chloe, they would have emerged victorious.

Then, they reached the 100th floor. Of course, they lost.

As fool as Veldora normally looks, he is still a true dragon. It takes more than a few saint brats and a recently awakened demon lord to defeat him. Also, Chloe didn't participate.

Veldora got curious and asked the kids about the sudden challenge. Then, they explained.

Veldora started complaining.

"I didn't exactly lose. If we fight again, I would definitely win"

Or so he declared... that old man... did he already forget that Chloe held her own against Velzard-san, or that she tied in swordsmanship against that Guy?

Anyway, they agreed that a rematch was in order.

But then, Veldora did something unnecessary...

He wanted to reenact a manga scene. Again!

I shouldn't be surprised anymore...

The problem is the scene he wanted to reenact. It is the one when a dragon holds a princess hostage and the hero goes to rescue said princess...

Now, as some might have noticed, there is a problem. The evil dragon is Veldora. The hero is Chloe. And the princess spot is empty. The timing was too convenient to call me over...

"Sensei, please be our princess!"

I tried to refuse. There is no way I would accept it. My pride wouldn't allow it.

Tempest daily lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें