Like old times

"Let me get you right... you learned magic" (Rimuru)

"That's right-ssu" (Gobuta)

"And you want to test it" (Rimuru)

"Yes" (Gobuta)

"And I am your training partner for you to test your new powers" (Rimuru)

"I am under your care!" (Gobuta)

"Why me?" (Rimuru)

"Because I can tell on Shuna-sama that you are here" (Gobuta)

"You traitor" (Rimuru)

"Come on... It's already unfair that you never show up to suffe- train with master"

This Gobuta. Without any more options, we went to an isolated place.

After a few years, we made a coliseum next to Veldora's boss floor. We use it when there is a fight between executives or other powerful subordinates.

Why am I using such a high-security place to spar against Gobuta? It has nothing to do with the fact that Shuna never stops the fights here. It's because we don't want to attract a lot of unwanted attention. I am the demon lord and Gobuta is one of our army's generals after all.

We exchanged a few blows. If it wasn't for my superior perception and speed, Gobuta would have won. His ability with the sword had got better. I have to try harder to not be left behind.

He has yet to show me the magic.

When I was thinking so, I saw him making a magic circle underground, secretly. Trying to make a dirty trick was so Gobuta-like, so I played along and stood over the spell.

It was a basic spell. It made the earth softer and... I was stuck. Not really, but my feet were deep in the mud.

Gobuta used this opportunity and ran towards me. My feet are trapped (not really, but let's not soil his efforts), but my hands are still free.

I got on stance and watched him coming, but then he smirked and extended his hand, casting a blinding light sphere.

I get what his plan is and it's a good plan but, does he think that he can get me with this trick?

Gobuta slipped behind me with <Instant movement> and swung his sword. I dodged with a bare margin and hit him on the head with the tilt.

"How," Gobuta asked dumbfounded while touching his sore head.

"Hahaha, you almost got him" a spectator came near us after having fun watching us.

"Benimaru... don't lie to him" I complained. I still have a position to maintain as their boss.

"Sorry, sorry. I just had some fun watching you sparring" (Benimaru)

"Rimuru-sama is stronger than expected..." Gobuta was down. It seems he prepared this for a while. Even if it hurt him, I had to tell him the truth. Sorry, Gobuta-kun, this is for your growth.

"Haaaa... Gobuta-kun, what species I am?" (Rimuru)

"Eh? A slime?" (Gobuta)

"Yes, I am. A round and malleable slime" (Rimuru)

"Ah! So you were never trapped" Gobuta exclaimed. I used the opportunity to take my foot away from the dirt.

"Right. Also, a slime doesn't have eyes. Neither ears. So essentially, in my slime form, I am blind and deaf" (Rimuru)

"AHHHHHHH!" (Gobuta)

"Hahahaha. That's why this was so fun. Had Rimuru-sama been any other being than a slime, he would have fallen on that trap" (Benimaru)

"Hold on, Benimaru-kun, I wouldn't. I even saw him putting the spell under the ground" I was in a hurry to defend myself against Benimaru's slander that I forgot to hide what should be hidden.

"Haaaah. So it was meaningless from the start" (Gobuta)

"It's not like that. Just your opponent was bad this time. But the tactic was pretty good" (Benimaru)

"Really?" (Gobuta)

"Yes, really, wasn't it, Rimuru-sama?" (Benimaru)

"Yes. You just need to choose a better opponent. Learn to discern them better and you will do better next time" (Rimuru)

"...thank you... Now that I notice, what are you doing here, Benimaru-san?" (Gobuta)

"I came to train a little, but I saw your little bout and got curious. And it was not only me..." (Benimaru)

"Hiiik. What are you doing here, old geezer!" (Gobuta)

A loud sound was heard, and Gobuta was left with another bump on his head.

"Who are you calling old geezer?" (Hakuro)

"I am sorry, master!" (Gobuta)

"Also, I remember telling you idiots to not try these kind of tricks on Rimuru-sama" (Hakuro)

"I also remember you saying that Rimuru-sama would fall for it" (Gobuta)

Hakuro stared at Gobuta, who noticed and shut up. But it didn't escape me what they were saying...

"Whoa... Even Hakuro thinks that bad of me..." (Rimuru)

"Hohoho. But you surpassed my expectations, Rimuru-sama. You, on the other hand..." (Hakuro)

"Hakuro, can't you be a little kind to him? While his plan failed from the very beginning, he still learned how to use magic and all, you know?" (Rimuru)

After agreeing to not increase Gobuta's training regime, I was made to spar with Hakuro.

This is the worst!

As my stats grew higher, I trained my swordsmanship too. Ciel-sensei prepared the training regime.

I even won against Veldora's killing arts or whatever he made and taught Zegion.

But I still can't win against Hakuro. Let's not bring up the beatings I got from Agera while training with Gazel.

After a sad afternoon full of beatings, Hakuro invited us to Snacks Jura.

It has been a long time since the last time I did something like this. Training with my friends, getting beaten by Hakuro, and spending the afternoon together. If I am right, the last time was before I left for Ingrasia, wasn't it?

It's good to spend time like this with my friends. It's a shame that my position as the ruler and demon lord gets us unwanted attention.

Next time, should I try a new method to spend time with them?