A kid 3

Fourth day of punishment after their prank. Their suffering worsened because of the tiredness, but none regretted their deeds. Rimuru started getting bored of it.

Rimuru went to the town. 

It's been four days already. They should have forgotten about it by now... right?

His hopes were crushed by the first citizen he crossed.

"Morning! Rimuru-chama!" 

Greetings were directed to him from everywhere.

"Hello young master!"

"Hakuro..." (Rimuru)

"Rimuru-chama! These are the training grounds, not a place for kids to play-" Gobuta just had to spot him

"Hakuro~ I believe Gobuta-kun has rested enough" (Rimuru)

"Oy! That's petty... no, childish!" (Gobuta)

"But he is right, you should go and make another 1000 swings before I get back" (Hakuro)

"Ehhh! That's a lot" (Gobuta)

"Any problems?" (Hakuro)

"N-No, I am going. See you! Young.boy.Rimuru.chama!" Gobuta sent a smug smile before leaving

"Ohoho. You don't seem to be in a good mood. Do you need help, young master?" (Hakuro)

"Ugh. This whole kid thing... it would help a lot if you stopped addressing me as such..." (Rimuru)

"You know, that reaction is exactly what Gobuta and Benimaru enjoyed" (Hakuro)

"..."

"Also, it's true that you are the youngest between the high ranks of our country" (Hakuro)

"I am not as old as some of you, but I am still the leader of this country-" Rimuru wanted to let out some steam, but stopped at a menacing aura.

"Ohoho. Rimuru-bocchan. What might you mean by old" (Hakuro)

"Err... I mean, you all have lived longer in this world than me..." Rimuru feared a little and correcting his mistake

"I see..." (Hakuro)

After some idle talk and an adjustment to Gobuta's training regime, Rimuru got away before his mouth put him in danger again. 

At the next day...

Being coped in his office was tiring. But going out to get treated like a kid again didn't feel right.

If I can't get to the city, I just have to go somewhere outside Tempest! 

Rimuru came with an idea

"Shion!" Rimuru called

"Yes, Rimuru-chama?" Rimuru was getting used to this kid treatment, which in turn, made him pout even more.

"I am going out for a while, alone" (Rimuru)

"Understood, remember to be careful. Also, return before the sun sets-" (Shion)

"I know! I am not a kid!" (Rimuru)

He shouted before teleporting to the outskirts of Ingrasia.

Rimuru went straight to one of the hideouts of the Drunken Sages. Mjormilles should be doing some work there, maybe something fun.

"Rimuru-bocchan! What do I have the honor?" (Mjormilles)

"Hi! Also, it's not bocchan" Rimuru made sure to correct it as soon as possible. Fortunatelly for him, Mjormilles was a sensible man.

Mjormilles felt some fun at Rimuru's reaction. Or course, as a professional, he kept his mouth shut and went straight to business. 

"The place is quite packed today" the newcomer's beautiful voice echoed the room.

"Elder sister!" (Mjormilles)

"El-tan! Fancy to see you here" (Rimuru)

"Same here. Aren't you busy at Tempest, Rimu-cchi?" (Elmesia)

"I am running away from work. You?" (Rimuru)

"Same. But also, I wanted to gossip a little with Gard over there" (Elmesia)

"Eh? Me?" (Mjormilles)

"I am bothering?" (Rimuru)

"No, I don't care, since it has to do with Tempest..." Elmesia made an unusually serious expression. 

"As you know, I have spies planted all around the world... The ones at Tempest told me about a weird rumor going there recently..." Elmesia explained. Rimuru and Mjormilles gulped in tension.

"So, I wanted to confirm. Rimuru..." Elmesia's serious face suddenly changed to a mischievous one

"... Is it true that you are just a kid?" (Elmesia)

"Pfff-" Mjormilles almost burst laughing.

"No, I am not. I am an adult" Rimuru answered annoyed after glaring Mjormilles

"My~ but I heard the full report-" (Elmesia)

"I know! Your spy was recording us when Gobuta was telling me! But she got it wrong!" (Rimuru)

"One of the strongest demon lords, also the leader of one of the strongest countries economically and military... is just a little brat!" Elmesia enjoyed the situation. 

She ignored the fact that Rimuru casually confessed having identified her spies in Tempest.

"I might be younger, but I am still taller that you!" (Rimuru)

"Sigh. Rimuru-boc- Kuhum Rimuru-sama. That's something a child would say" (Mjormilles)

"That's right! Also, can't you change your shape at will? Your height doesn't count!" (Elmesia)

"Come on! El-tan..." (Rimuru)

"But it explains a lot... like how someone as cunning as you have so little common sense" (Elmesia)

"I do have common sense. Also, how does one thing have to do with the other?" (Rimuru)

"Easy. If an adult had guided you, if little Rimuru had learned common sense, nonsensical things like...

... a city with thousands of named monsters...

... four primordial demons named in a row...

... or mass awakening of demon lords seed...

... could have been prevented...

Sigh. As far as I remember, you did a lot of those things without knowledge"

"You are right about the last part. But the me right now would do the same. They are still my precious people"

"Which means you have not matured since then. Sigh, still a kid" (Elmesia)

"No. I am not" (Rimuru)

"The desserts today are marvelous! Glenda for once did a good job choosing them! Do you want some sweets, little Rimu-cchi?" (Elmesia)

"Are you even hearing me!" (Rimuru)

"How many spoons of sugar do you want in your coffee?" (Elmesia)

"No need, I will drink it dark" (Rimuru)

"My~ you have grown. You had such a sweet tooth" (Elmesia)

"I always drInk it dark!" (Rimuru)

Rimuru-sama... that's the reaction elder sister is enjoying

Mjormilles watched the exchange with a warm smile. His young lord still had a long way before being able to compete with the more experienced Elmesia.