Formalities

I managed to reduce the amount of paperwork and bureaucracy-related work I do over the years. Unfortunately, I still have to attend some social events.

I am not really good at those. I am bad at dealing with nobles. I am still a commoner at heart...

I try my best to evade those events. But this time, it was unavoidable. The one who invited us was El-tan herself after all.

It was a casual meeting between both sides. El-tan and I were there just as pretty dolls, to make a presence in the room.

The troublesome part came afterwards. A ball.

It was neatly decorated and it had many tables with food served in a stand in fashion, like the one we did some years ago.

Fortunately, by now Testarossa, Mjormilles and Shuna handle the troublesome diplomatic tasks. Shion, Diablo, Souei, Benimaru and I took a step back and enjoyed the ball without making many compromises.

Everything was fine, until El-tan asked me for a dance. A what? Wasn't that something done only in fairytales?

I couldn't exactly reject it, since it was for the future relationships between our countries.

'Ciel'

<<Auto battle mode enabled>>

I am so glad I can count on Ciel. While Ciel controlled my movements, I had some small talks with El-tan. She was pissed that I danced better than expected. She was expecting to tease me for a while for my horrible dancing or something...

'Ciel-sensei is amazing. I owe you!'

<<Heh>>

'Aren't you getting cocky?'

Anyway, since El-tan didn't manage to make fun of me, she left to have other conversations after the first song.

After I danced with Shion, Shuna and Testarossa, I went to the back of the ballroom.

I greeted some elder elven nobility here and there, and then went to the back tables to rest a little.

I heard the conversations nearby while feigning tiredness. Between some elven nobles, there were some restless for having monsters here, but they all kept shut since the Celestial Empress and the major houses supported the relationships.

Then, I saw someone unexpected.

There was Ellen, wearing a dress, as the sole princess from the Grimwald household.

Unlike her usual demeanor, the disastrous adventurer, she looked like a princess. If I am not wrong, her name was El...?

<<Elwyn Grimwald. It's recommended to address her as such instead of showing too much familiarity>>

'Whoa... what a bother...'

I was to get up and greet her, when I saw something I never expected to see in real life.

"Oh, my. Lady Grimwald. What do we have the pleasure to have you attending this ball?" (lady)

"Good evening, Lady Savengriff. I was invited to attend by the empress herself, I couldn't reject" as Ellen boasted of her relationship with El-tan, the other nobles flinched slightly.

"Is that so? I wondered since it was weird to see you in these events nowadays. Have you finished running around the world like a dirty adventurer?" (lady)

"Thank you for your worries, I am still enjoying my travels" (Ellen)

"That's not a very lady-like activity, you know?" (lady)