Subordinates observation 4

Here I am. Incognito again.

This time is for something necessary. Absolutely. It's not as if the other times weren't necessary. It's just that now is more urgent.

I already did what I could do as Rimuru Tempest. Someone might say that blocking creativity is tyranny, but inaccurate information will bring disasters to the masses.

Thus, today, I am here, sneaking in many libraries and editorials around the world. I am burning those accursed books. They cannot be passed down.

Damn Ronmel. His books were so popular. I had to pass through almost every single library around the world. How come everyone is interested in reading about a monster princess?

I started at midnight, but it was almost midday when I finished

Why didn't I ask my subordinates?

Unfortunately, I know about more than one who would keep the book instead of destroying it. The safest method is for me to take action.

This is the last library.

As I was breathing in relief, I took a look around the place.

The place with historical records from Tempest had a hole, where Ronmel's books were standing. Why were they even considered historical books?

As I was watching the other books, one book caught my interest.

'Chronicles of Tempest Early Crops' by Bir

As I read the book, it had pretty accurate information about the stuff we did and how we lived in the early days. Mostly about our first year in the field.

Those were good memories. I still remember how I had to make sure to call Treyni-san in autumn since we had forgotten about her during spring.

Wait! Even that is described!

This author did pretty good research. Or maybe it was done by someone who was there?

I read other books by this author. They were pretty good at telling the story from an accurate and objective point of view, but without getting too complicated to read. It just related what happened without personal inferences.

If anything, it was too accurate.

I heard the lady working here describing this author to another curious customer. It wasn't famous or infamous among historians. Many believed him, but many others preferred stories with more drama and hardly believed that something so bland happened at the beginning.

Well, if you take a close look, it describes how Milim did whatever she wanted in our territory at the beginning, so I understand what she means. No one wants to believe that a country ruled by a demon lord was so easily played around.

"Also, Bir is more popular in other genres" (librarian)

It was true. Sci-fic, sci-mag-fic and adventure. History only covered the first days of Tempest, so I believe the author is not a historian.

I took some books from various authors that looked interesting and returned home. This was the good part of playing incognito. If I were to buy a book and someone were to see me, they would make a fuss.

I read books from time to time, during my free time. As I finished almost every book I bought the other day, I found Bir's book, which I bought on a whim the other day. It was an unexpectedly good story. This author, Bir, was good at writing.

Then, the problem came. The series I caught was an unfinished one. Thus, I became troubled when I reached the last published book.

What a blunder for me to make! Wasn't I experienced at this as Satoru Mikami?

As the new volume didn't come out, I started reading the author's other books. They were good. This author didn't have many stories, but they were all good.

Of course, I read other authors too. Few were on its level. But as I was already obsessed with this story, I was carving for its end.

Regrettably, my wait was in vain. The author didn't continue the story after ten whole months. No news about the new volume. Can you believe it?

To make things worse, Veldora read it too and demanded from me the continuation. I am waiting for it too, how can I give you the next part? If anything, I would read it first before giving it to Veldora or anyone else.

A little worried about the author, I tried to look for it.

It wasn't easy, as I couldn't use official channels (I didn't want anyone to notice, less the author would suffer) and I had to investigate myself.

To make things worse, the author was good at hiding. There was almost no hint of Bir when I looked through the editorials. I even wondered if it even existed.

Fortunately, I found a lead. The editor, a young high orc, went out to visit the writer. Of course, it took me forever to discover the editor. Only if someone helped me...

<<You stopped me as that wouldn't be fun>>

True, but now that I found the editor, I just followed her.

She went into an inn and waited in an empty room. I used my awesome abilities to hide my presence and <Mimic> the furniture. I was a painting on the wall.

Soon, the writer came. Anticipation transformed into surprise as I saw the author's identity.

"Good evening, Gabiru-sama"

It was unexpected. I hoped that it was a misunderstanding, but soon, the editor started talking about the book.

"About the next volume..."

"Ah, sorry, sorry. I have been busy these days"

"I understand that your work is important, Gabiru-sama. But at least, tell me if you have any intentions of making a next volume. The fans are waiting for Bir's next volume"

That's right, Gabiru. WE are waiting. Ramiris and Dino included.

"Well..."

"You left such a cliffhanger at the last volume"

That's right, Gabiru. It is so horrible to wait for it. Why did you even start to leave it half-assessed?

"Bir-sama, has your inspiration died?"

"No, it's finished up to the next three volumes and the last volume is almost finished"

"And what are you waiting for?"

That's right, Gabiru. What are you waiting for?

"Mmm... I am not so sure. I just forgot to take it to the editorial"

I want to complain so badly. This idiot was making us wait so much time just because he forgot?

The editor had a blank expression, but soon regained her composure. Truly professional. She convinced Gabiru to send the new books soon.

To my joy, the new volumes were for sale next month.

It was good to find another subordinate's talent. But Gabiru, by the next book, I hope that you make us fans wait less.