Subordinates observation 3

Today was a special day in the year. I acompained Hakuro.

For days like this, Hakuro was the first to arrive. Before, they would arrive together, but since Benimaru got married and the rest are all busy, they tend to get here later.

I just stood still while Hakuro was paying respect. Since we arrived early in the morning, we stood silently a little before preparing the place.

I made Souei join us, since he was in my shadow.

We shared a toast. A calm and respectful conversation was made for their fallen brethren.

"Time is amazing... when we first visited the village after the attack, it was all scorched. Now, it has so much greenery..." (Hakuro)

"It was a short yet long way we traveled since then" (Souei)

"Yeah..." Hakuro was remensending the past.

A little before midday, Benimaru and the rest arrived. After some greetings and a little respect, I left them alone.

They would be fine. After that fight, they moved on. While they still remembered their fallen brethen, they moved on.

The problem was... him. I still had to look after him on a day like this.

I left the onis. I had a more pressing matter...

I can't believe that he is still blaming himself! It's not that bad, but he gets depressed by this time of the year... sigh

I thinned my existence and looked for him. Unexpectedly, that workaholic wasn't working.

He was playing with kids.

I was glad. He looked better than expected.

My peace of mind was blown away in few seconds.

Geld took a day off. That's fine, I was happy for him.

Geld was playing and teaching the kids. That's fine too. He was good at it and the kids loved him. Moreover, Geld himself was at peace while looking for the kids. Maybe I should recomend him to work on that line in the future...

Geld was at peace on a day like this. That's good and I am happy for him.

But I was worried. Alarmed.

The caretakers were watching at distance. The kids were happy. Geld was calm too.

Even in that peaceful picture, I couldn't help but worry.

Why was she there?

She is one of the last individuals I would expect near a kid. The last kid she played with was Milim and... I don't even want to remember.

Unexpectedly, nothing happened. No, a lot happened, but the kids were safe, the buildings too.

I mean, that Carrera is playing peacefuly with children. She is taking care of them as if they were delicate and valuable. She even looks happy.

Geld handed some toys to the children. They ran to play but someone stopped them.

"Kids, remember to thank uncle Geld for the presents" (Carrera)

"Yes, Carrera-neechan! Thank you uncle Geld!" (kids)

She watched the children going away. I swear that she looked happy.

"That wasn't necesary. I am not doing this to be thanked" (Geld)

"Don't be so stiff. You need to teach them manners too" (Carrera)

"Is that so?" (Geld)

"It is" (Carrera)

"I see. Thank you" (Geld)

"You are welcome. Remember to not just play with them, but also teach them valuable things" (Carrera)

"Your words are wise, like Rimuru-sama's" (Geld)

"T-That... I look up for our lord after all" Carrera blushed a little

Carrera then pulled Geld to the kids direction. The little ones took Geld as a playground, while the bigger ones were running with Carrera.

The Carrera I was watching today was a cheerful and responsible girl. One with enough delicacy to take care of children. Moreover, she didn't teach them anything weird.

I was grateful to her, she was also taking good care of Geld. His eyes had a light that I normally couldn't see on a day like today.

But even after watching this scene for a few hours, it was still unbelievable.

Who would believe me? Guy? Leon?

Nah...

The Carrera they know is a rampage girl like Milim after all.

Speaking of which, she is quite good at taking care of Milim... or it's more like I have to take care of both when they play together... sigh

At noon, while the smaller kids were napping, she went into teaching the older kids about magical arts.

Carrera is a demon, after all. There is no one better at understanding magic than a demon.

<<Wrong. Rimuru-sama is better than any demon>>

'I know, it's all thanks to great Ciel-sensei!'

I answered her proudly. Sensei sounded a little embarrassed and went quiet after that.

Returning to Carrera, she was good at teaching. I am sure of it, since I was a teacher too, even if it was for a short time.

Gabiru would do anything just for the sake of running away from Ultima's teachings. He feared Carrera too. That's why I never expected Carrera to be this kind and good at teaching the children.

Geld took seat and learned with the kids. Carrera made sure to pass some higher level material to her oldest student. I peeked it and it was a well done material. Ciel-sensei confirmed it.

The kids were also motivated. Their onee-chan was teaching them and their uncle-Geld was learning together.

I went a little far away to greet someone who was watching this scenery too.

"Espirit-kun" I called to the slacker who was resting on a tree

"R-Rimuru-sama" Espirit fell down from the surprise

"Shhh. I am hiding from them" I pointed at Geld and Carrera in a near building

"I-I see... How may I help you? (Espirit)

"I am curious, since when has Carrera been interested in the kids?" (Rimuru)

"Mmm... about two months? She was just following Geld-sama and then started imitating him. It caught her attention" (Espirit)

"Is this some kind of experiment?" (Rimuru)

"I don't think so... She was just watching at the beginning, but nowdays she smiles when they call her Carrera-neechan" (Espirit)

"I see... Thanks. Also, I won't tell on Carrera, but I think she has noticed. Good luck" (Rimuru)

"A-About what..." (Espirit)

"You slacking? I think you were here to know when to return to your post, but I sensed her watching at this direction a while ago" (Rimuru)

"Eeek. Help me, please" (Espirit)

"No" (Rimuru)

"R-Rimuru-sama..." (Espirit)

I ignored the pitiful Espirit and returned home. It was her fault for following Gobuta's weird habits.

Now that I think about it... it has been long since last time I taught those kids. Should I become a teacher again?