Subordinates observation 2

I am going out again. Why, you ask? Because it is boring doing paperwork all day. Other than that, I have to meet important people who bow to me and all that formal stuff.

I am going incognito. And incognito means suppressing my presence from the world. I could also use spells, but I am also practicing my skills while watching over the country. Which means that I am definitely not slacking.

<<...>>

Since even Ciel has nothing to say about it, I got out.

I first went to the 94th floor. I peeked around a bit and took some honey secretly for investigation purposes.

<<Whatever you say...>>

... anyway, they seemed to be doing fine. As for why I chose this floor, is because one of my most talented subordinates lives here. Since I tricked a demon last time, maybe...

I saw the insects doing their work. Surprisingly, I saw Apito making the accounts.

It reminds me, Mjörmilles told me before how this section's reports were quite accurate and ordinate. As I peek- ku-hum watched over her place, I found some drafts of store projects.

There were quite good ideas. Most of them involved using the honey they made and sell the processed items in friendly and accessible stores.

I took note to give her a secret push since she was showing quite the interest and talent in business.

As I went further, I found the house I was looking for.

Zegion's house was big, but simple. It was made with wood, giving a rustic air. He used this place to rest, while the 80th floor which he guarded was used for training purposes.

Speaking of which... it doesn't really make sense that Zegion, one of my strongest subordinates, is guarding the 80th floor, does it?

<<You were pushing aside the restructuring of the labyrinth boss floors since the war against the Empire>>

Really? But it should be still fine. I mean, it's not like someone can actually get to that floor, right?

Hahaha ha ha...

I will talk with Veldora and Ramiris later.

For now, let's peek- no, go in to Zegion's place.

<<Your desires are leaking>>

No? What are you talking about Ciel-san? I don't know. I am not a bad slime, you know...

<<...>>

I slowly slid myself under the door gap and got inside the house. Then, I found something amazing...

Sculptures. Many, many sculptures. They were some made of clay or metal, but most were made of wood. All of them were amazing pieces of art.

<<Zegion's hobby seems to be sculpting>>

While unexpected, I can somehow imagine him doing it. But there is something that bothers me...

There were sculptures of objects, such as detailed flowers, fruits, and weapons. But most of them were from people. That was fine.

There were demons, angels and monsters sculptured. Also, some labyrinth non-sentient monsters and eye-catching adventurers too. That was also fine.

But...

<<Approximately a 57,63% of the sculptures are based in Rimuru-sama>>

...that's oddly a detailed number for it being an estimate...

...why are there so many sculptures of me? Are you Diablo? Aldaman? Did I mistake this place?

<<This place is undoubtedly Zegion's home>>

As I was blankly staring the sculptures, Zegion returned home. As an experiment, I tried to pose as one of the statues. Not because I was afraid of getting caught. I was just as an experiment, for training.

<<...>>

Zegion stared at me a little, but he let it go. Phew, it seems that my abilities at suppressing my presence are good enough to pose as a statue, but since he stared at me... I need some more practice, don't you agree, Ciel-san?

<<Sigh>>

Then, Zegion started shaping a wood chunk.

It was amazing. I got stuck in that place for few hours, but I got to enjoy his skillful work.

Since I have still some time, let's go to the 95th floor, where the city is.

There are a lot of adventurers here. Also, beautiful elves-

<<Master... -_- >>

Ku-hum. I mean, the city is prospering fine.

The forest where the treants live. It's been really a while since I got here the last time.

The first thing that caught my attention were the abundant spirits here. Lesser spirits, but many spirits, nevertheless.

As expected of this evergreen forest blessed by the Spirit Queen, as weird as it is talking like this about that little girl.

There should be a house build inside a huge hole in a tree around here. It was made so that Treyni could cook some food from time to time...

Well, she never uses it since she just goes to Tempest or directly to Shuna's place and takes the potato chips...

As I was walking lost in thoughts, a joyful music reached my ears.

Of course, I needed to investigate the little mysteries that happened in my territory, so I continued with my hidden presence and followed the music.

What awaited me was unexpected...

The one playing the flute was Gobuta.

That hobgoblin... I knew he was skilled from when he learned quick whatever was taught to him but... to think he had this kind of hidden talent.

His music was different from the ones made by Shion's violin or Shuna's piano. It didn't have the solemn sound for a concert, it sounded more... free.

I heard it until the end from afar. I was so engrossed to the music that I didn't notice the rest of the audience until someone started to clap. There were many dryas and treants near Gobuta.

"It was a beautiful piece. As expected" (treant)

"Hehehe, thanks" Gobuta was slightly blushing.

"Is there a next song?" (dryas)

"I would like to hear you sing this time" (dryas)

"Of course, anything for you, my lady. Also, if you have some free time after this..." (Gobuta)

"No thank you, please hurry with your next piece" (dryas)

Woah.... merciless. Even I felt that. Poor Gobuta.

Gobuta ran to the house. I thought he was hurt, but he returned as if nothing with another instrument and a smug face.

Gobuta-kun. Your tenacity is something I respect.

Then, he started to play. A beautiful masterpiece, this time more melodic than the previous one. And then, he sang.

Unlike what one would expect from his usual voice, his singing voice was amazing. No, it couldn't even be described with words. And I wasn't the only one feeling like that.

Is it a skill?

<<No skill activation detected>>

Wow...

Time flew quick and by the time I noticed, I was already late. Shuna scolded me and I got trapped in my office for the next day.

Even so, I don't regret enjoying secretly the concert until the very end.