Criminal

Our country stabilized and now was prospering. But it also meant that some changes were necessary. For our government, we are aiming for something like a parliamentary monarchy.

To put it simple, I, Demon Lord Rimuru, am the absolute law. While I normally respect and follow the laws of the country, my orders can overturn any law at any moment.

[This is a country built by Rimuru-sama, for Rimuru-sama. Which makes Rimuru-sama's wishes the utmost important matter in our country]

Since they said so, I accepted. This also allows us skip bureaucratic procedures during an emergency. As a special clause, only I can move the military.

On normal times, we have a designated prime minister and cabinet chosen by the citizens. It allows the country to run without me meddling in. I only get involved when something big happens. Which also means that the days of paperwork are almost finished!

Or that's how it should have been...

Right now, we are in the process of transferring my job to the different departments and the prime minister. The problem is... everyone is still dependent on me.

It's been around three years, and the changes are minimal. At this pace, I will never have the leisure Ruminas has!

I reached a conclusion. I need to step down for a bit and allow the things to flow without me. But if I were to just leave, the citizens, my friends would feel abandoned and sad. The country would get in chaos if I were to get sick or injured.

After much discussing, Benimaru suggested to get arrested. It was a stupid offer which I declined first, but after having no other option left, I had to agree with him.

The ones who knew about this scheme were Benimaru, Souei, Shuna, Ranga, Moss, Ultima, Testarossa and Carrera. Anyone else would get in the way.

As I was strolling with Benimaru while trying to find a crime to commit, Gobuta came with an almost perfect timing.

"Rimuru-chama! You should hold Benimaru's hands. Kids tend to get lost in the crowd"

He started mocking me with that remark again, after all these years. I smirked. I needed a crime and I wanted to punch that hobgoblin. Wasn't it killing two birds in one stone?

I released my aura and I put a little too much strength in my fist and sent Gobuta flying. Maybe I was too upset, but Gobuta ended crashing in a building with his body. Fortunately, the ones inside were safe, as I put a barrier for them.

Needless to say, Gobuta was fine too. Maybe out of comission, but he will recover soon. He didn't survive Hakuro and Milim's training for nothing.

Ultima came almost instantly and detained me in front of everyone. For assault and destroying property. Benimaru watched it all while holding his laugh.

The prison was nice. There wasn't any paperwork.

The other inmates were staring at me like an oddball. Well, it's not everyday they got to share a prison with a country ruler, is there?

The guard in charge was visibly nervous. Poor guy. He was even speaking to me respectfully and asking if there was any discomfort.

The trial day came. Ultima was wise enough to send Veyron and Zonda instead the normal guards to escort me to the court.

Carrera oversaw the trial personally. Testarossa was my defendant.

Just before we began, someone stepped in.

"How can you treat Rimuru-sama with this disrespect?" (Diablo)

"Gobuta should know his boundaries better" (Shion)