Horrible Tempest

Alrose sighed deeply. This situation was ridiculous, but his lord looked so happy...

Claude and he were caught in this awkward situation. Everything because of Claude's big mouth!

It started a few days ago.

The white primordial Testarossa came to El Dorado as Tempest's diplomatic representative. Due to her background, heavy security was set up every time she came. It was done secretly, only the higher ups from El Dorado knew about Testarossa's identity. They didn't want to scare the bureaucrats from their side.

Thankfully, this primordial was a reasonable one. Maybe that's why demon lord Rimuru used her as a diplomat.

The previous experiences they had with primordial demons were not pleasant.

The first one, Jaune, was a bomb thug. Words were not enough to describe the disasters she brought.

Later, Guy Crimson came with his maids and Diablo. For some reason, they had to fight with each other every single day. At least, they bothered to use a barrier, but even so the destruction left around the training grounds was terrible.

Hence, the image they had about the primordial demons were that of a violent overproud bunch with a lot of power to back their arrogance.

Then, there was Testarossa. A refined lady who, whilst powerful, was reasonable. Rather, the dangerous part was that she was a too smart. Fortunately, she never showed ill intentions, maybe following Rimuru's will.

It all made Testarossa look inoffensive, almost as if she did not belong to the demon race.

Claude, who was so happy and drunk with the peaceful aura around Testarossa, just blurted his thoughts out. About how he seemed Testarossa too harmless to be a demon.

While wearing a business smile that didn't reach her eyes, Testarossa made a declaration. That she would show her demon side on their next negotiation.

Every time they remembered that scene, they would feel like hitting Claude hard.

Next time, Testarossa came with her normal demeanor. After their usual meeting, she asked for audience with demon lord Leon.

Once in front of Leon, Testarossa made absurd demands that only benefited Tempest. Of course, Leon rejected those, but Testarossa then offered some bribes.

"Chloe-sama will be doing a presentation. Few selected individuals were invited, and you weren't in the list. Oh, poor Leon-sama~"

"Ara~ what do I have here~ I just happen to have an extra ticket~"

Leon agreed to Testarossa's absurd conditions just for that measly ticket. The demon left satisfied. Her smile at that time was more terrifying than most demons.

It was decided that Alrose and Claude would accompany Leon that day. Zalario stared Leon as if watching an idiot and bid farewell with distant eyes.

They reached Tempest. It was still early, but Leon was eager to get a good spot.

The entry was outside the coliseum, but Ramiris connected it straight to the labyrinth. The place was on the 95th floor, in the magic research institute.

At the entry, they found an... annoyance.

"Isn't it Leon! It's been a while!"

If they didn't recognize her voice, they recognized her face. Carrera, formerly known as the yellow primordial, who threw nuclear magic in their territory just for fun.

The three just ignored her, but the demon walked on their same direction. Was she following them?

"Are you going to the magic theories presentations? How are things going at your place? Did you guys miss me?" (Carrera)

"Jaune-" (Leon)

"Carrera. That's my name, granted by Rimuru-sama. Call me that or I will blow you up next time" (Carrera)

"Carrera, what are you doing here?" (Leon)

"That's my question. This is Tempest, Rimuru-sama's territory" (Carrera)

"Whatever" (Leon)

"Are you here for the presentation?" (Carrera)

"...Yes. I answered you, so stop following us" (Leon)

"But I am going there too. Wanna me teach you the place" (Carrera)

"Get lost" (Leon)

"How mean. After all the time we passed together" (Carrera)

"They were not pleasant" (Leon)

"Shall I visit you sometime soon?" (Carrera)

"Don't you dare to take a step inside my territory" (Leon)

"Or what?" (Carrera)

Tch (Leon)

Leon wanted to attack her, to teach that demon a good lesson. But he couldn't. As Carrera stated, he was in Rimuru's territory. Attacking Rimuru's subordinate in his own territory would spell bad news for El Dorado and their future relationships.

Moreover, the other side was an awakened too. He had no guarantee of winning.

"Oh, our seats are next to each other. Let's enjoy the presentation together" (Carrera)

It was the worst. At this point, Alrose could swear that Testarossa planned this. But it would be absurd... to make Leon meet Carrera just before the presentation... More importantly, Carrera being there was probably a coincidence. As a fellow primordial, there was no way Testarossa could order Carrera around.

Regrettably, Alrose was correct. Unbeknownst them, Moss was reporting to Testarossa, who enjoyed the show with much delight.

Many young researchers presented their ideas. Soon, Chloe presented one too.

Leon's eyes lit up while watching Chloe. On the contrary, Alrose and Claude could barely listen as they were nervous because of Carrera's presence.

The presentations ended like that.

"Hey, Leon-sama~ Wanna tag along for a bit?" (Carrera)

"Scram. I am busy" (Leon)

"Aw~ don't be like that. How about I go to visit you?" (Carrera)

"What for?" (Leon)

"Your country has good places to play around. I remember some good places that I blew up when bored" (Carrera)

"Don't you ever dare! I will talk with Rimuru about it" (Leon)

"So mean~ We enjoyed a lot of exchanges before, aren't you feeling lonely without my demonstrations?" (Carrera)

"What the f*** do you even want?" (Leon)

"A fight?" Carrera cutely tilted her head

"No thank you. I am busy" (Leon)

Fortunately, Carrera had to return to work.

Leon wanted to greet Chloe but missed his opportunity. He had been too busy dealing with Carrera. Now, Leon had to return to El Dorado without meeting Chloe and with the danger of Carrera coming to his territory. He needed to warn Rimuru soon about letting that demon in his land.

Even after all that happened, Leon was happy, as he got to see Chloe. It was not like that for Alrose and Claude.

After that incident, they swore to never trust the inoffensiveness of a primordial demon ever again.