A kid 1. Secret Reactions

Reference: See my other chapter: "A kid"

It happened while Gobuta and Benimaru were making fun of Rimuru.

Souei, who was in Rimuru's shadow, was enjoying the show. It was funnier since Rimuru got flustered. He lost no time at reporting to Benimaru and the other ex-ogres about the spectacle. Of course, getting someone as Benimaru roped into it was also his aim. As an old friend, he knew that Benimaru would lose no time making fun of Rimuru.

Ranga, who watched it too, wasn't that interested. If anything, he was wondering how long Gobuta would survive.

Moss, who had a clone inside Rimuru's shadow, found the whole situation interesting. As the smart ancient demon he was, he reported immediately to his boss, Testarossa.

It was a hit. The white primordial left her work for later. This spectacle was worth it.

Soon, Ultima and Carrera, who came to mess with Testarossa, were roped into watching this little spectacle.

It was fun. Gobuta made a sound argument and their lord, their cunning and smart lord was made shut. It was probably due to him not wanting to reveal too much about himself, or maybe about the world's secrets... Nevertheless, the arguments that made Rimuru speechless were funny.

It got funnier as Rimuru got embarrassed to be called a kid by the citizens. As demons, they would take advantage of the situation, but their lord showed such a funny reaction by trying to get away.

Ah, they did change. Unbeknown to them, their demon nature changed. They came to love their lord. Not only his strength but also his weakness and cuteness. Not that Rimuru-sama had any weakness worth mentioning, other than his over-kindness.

"Hahahahahahahaha!" Carrera was crying for laughing too much.

"Aren't you laughing too much?" Testarossa said while gracefully trying to hold her laugh.

"Can you blame her?" Ultima explained while holding her laughs. "Diablo was pff ignored by our lord pff and that fool took so long to notice pff he was left alone pff and the face pff"

"It's refreshing to see that annoying Diablo making such a sad face" Testarossa smirked.

The dresses were cute. The demons, who got a sense of fashion after being summoned, were in agreement with Shuna's sense of fashion. Those cute clothes would look good on Rimuru-sama.

Should I help Shuna with design ideas? One demoness thought.

Of course, the cutest part was their lord getting flustered by the clothes Shuna offered him.

"Hey, I have been thinking... Isn't Shion's poison stronger than Ultima's?" (Carrera)

Silence filled the venue. For the first time, the giggles stopped.

"Then, wanna try surviving after taking my poisons?" Ultima took offense.

"It's just... Rimuru-sama has a powerful <Poison Nullification>, enough for your poisons to not work. But he still avoids Shion's food" Carrera said innocently, while trying to make discord.

At that time, a new ambition was born in Ultima. Later, she would be seen frequently spending time with Shion trying to learn to cook from her.

Geld's reaction wasn't as fun as the normal citizens. On the contrary, his reaction was interesting. It was the most innocent out of all the reactions. The demons, who were good at reading emotions, could tell: Geld asked without any malice nor intention of teasing their lord.

Maybe it was because Rimuru-sama noticed, but he got away after just saying 'No, thank you' timidly. He didn't show as much reaction as with the other subordinates.

"Say, doesn't Rimuru-sama look like a kid when rejecting it so strongly?" Ultima asked while playing with her hair. Rimuru had just rejected some candy offered by a store-lady.

"I agree. Blushing and shouting aren't the most efficient method to complain" Testarossa giggled while Moss served her another cup of tea.

"Milim-sama would have punched quiet whoever dared to call her that" Carrera imagined Milim's reaction

"Our lord would never harm his people" (Ultima)

"Thanks to that, we are enjoying this day" (Testarossa)

Later, some humans started to tease Rimuru.

"I don't care about the rest, but how do those humans dare to make fun of our lord like that? Even after all the help they got from our lord" (Ultima)

"Even after all the mercy they got from our lord! We should teach them a lesson" (Carrera)

"Enough, you two. They were allowed to live by Rimuru-sama. If not, they wouldn't be standing" Testarossa, who said so, had the most menacing gaze out of the three demoness. Later, the Freedom Association would face some difficulties, but that's a story for another day.

The girls kept watching until Rimuru met the masterminds of the plot.

"Veldora-sama is smart" (Ultima)

"Maybe he can survive Rimuru-sama's punishment?" (Testarossa)

Then, a little dialogues later...

"Forget it. Veldora-sama too is done for" (Testarossa)

"Agreed. How do you think he will be punished?" (Carrera)

"Rimuru-sama has a soft spot for Veldora-sama, so probably nothing too serious" (Ultima)

"Like his 'sacred texts' or treats taken away?" (Carrera)

"Or maybe we will house his sisters soon" (Testarossa)

The demons were having fun imagining Veldora, Ramiris, and Dino's punishment. Rimuru was clearly pissed, so a retaliation was bound to come. Since Rimuru was kind, it wouldn't be anything too cruel, but something more comical.

As demons, they were used to cruelty and even exercised it themselves. At first, they followed Rimuru ready to get those punishments were they to fail, but by now, they noticed how the kindhearted Rimuru would never make them truly suffer.

Still, they followed their lord, who also had a cruel side on him. They still remembered when Veldora was taken away by the empire. The aggressiveness showed by Rimuru at that time was just a part of him. The demoness understood and liked that cruel side and this cute side of their young lord.

"Vesta is amazing" (Carrera)

"Very tactful" (Ultima)

"He was an ex-minister from Dwargon. This much is expected" (Testarossa)

"Ah! Gabiru messed it" (Ultima)

"And he is yet to notice" (Carrera)

"How can he be so dumb!" (Ultima)

"Because he is a lizard?" (Testarossa)

"Maybe" (Carrera)

Giggle, giggle

The afternoon tea was enjoyed with Benimaru and Gobuta's teasing, which was retorted by the annoyed Rimuru.

The demoness had fun. Whether they got to see this new side of a very annoyed Rimuru or his cute reactions to being called a kid. They didn't regret spying on him. Moreover, they weren't directly caught. Unlike some other fools, they were spectators and not perpetrators...

At the end of the day, Ranga jumped out of the shadow. He wanted to reassure his lord, by swearing loyalty to him, no matter his age. Rimuru didn't have enough strength to retort it anymore. 

Image taken from: https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/comments/16j2o0p/any_idea_what_is_their_topic_of_discussion_over_a/