Fearless terorrist

Who was it?

Venom questioned himself. He was scared for his dear demon's life.

Few minutes ago, Diablo returned to his house after feeling a magicule fluctuation. It was too late. His home was already burned. Not even ashes remained.

Diablo lost something. His treasure was hidden in his house. Of course, it was less important than Rimuru-sama, but something dear to him, nevertheless. Thus, he decided. He would find the arsonist and reduce its very soul into nothing.

There were few hints. Whoever did it, used a powerful spell that would reduce the place in a fraction of a second, but left no magic signature behind.

That itself was a hint. It had to be someone powerful yet good at controlling magicules. He could narrow the suspects with those hints...

"No, I didn't. Why would I?" Benimaru answered with annoyance. Diablo took him as the first suspect.

"Kufufufu. Weren't you jealous of me, who is about to take Rimuru-sama's right-hand position away from you?" Diablo tried to get a confession by taunting.

"Not really. Rimuru-sama doesn't change personnel that much. Also, you are aiming for his secretary post, aren't you?" Benimaru shrugged at Diablo's pointless remarks

"Mmm... true" Diablo left, convinced and ready to question his next suspect.

"Your house? Why would I do something underhanded when I am already first, second secretary?" (Shion)

After a long discussion about the secretary position, Diablo left. He was convinced that Shion wouldn't act that smug if she was insecure about her position. Also, he knew that Shion was not that meticulous when handling her magicules.

"Quite the funny accusation, but no, I didn't" Testarossa said and then ignored the rest of Diablo's questions without a hint of annoyance on her face.

"If I did it, it would have been bigger" Carrera's interrogation led somehow to them both fighting for a while in the labyrinth.

"I would rather beat you" Ultima said with disinterest before walking away.

The demoness trio was out too. They were crafty enough to erase their signatures, but Testarossa wouldn't do something so ungraceful, Carrera would indeed destroy the house and more, and Ultima was engrossed in a personal project recently

"Souei-donno. Do you happen to know something?" Diablo asked for hints from the country's intelligence agent.

"No, you told us to not surveil on your place, since you had demons guarding it. Therefore, none of my subordinates goes there. Shall I ask if Rimuru-sama happens to have a record?" Souei proposed.

Diablo rejected Souei's offer. If he were to ask Rimuru-sama, maybe he could get a record through <Argos> and get closer to the arsonist. But Rimuru-sama would ask about the important burned thing out of worry. That could absolutely not happen, since his important belongings were not liked by his master. If anything, they could get confiscated. Thus, it had to remain a secret.

The other demons were out. Even if they were named by Rimuru-sama, none would dare to go against Diablo, a primordial demon, unless Rimuru-sama himself ordered it.

Just who did it?

Regrettably, Diablo found no clues about the culprit. For the next few days, Venom had to be careful around Diablo to preserve himself.

"You wanna die, you m******f***r" Rain was pissed at Diablo's accusations. She wasn't brave enough to cause trouble in Demon Lord Rimuru's territory.

"I prepared the goods you always ask for, in secret from Guy-sama, and you are just rude to me" a heated discussion started between the two primordials. Fortunately, it ended soon.

The results were good. Venom survived too. After his usual meeting with Rain, Diablo returned in a good mood. Even after arguing a little, their exchange ended successfully.

While the culprit was never caught, the case was solved when Diablo got a new treasure.

That day... Rimuru was having fun while watching the demons' daily life. Then, he started following Maru, a black dependent assigned to Diablo's house.

It was weird to have a weaker demon protecting Diablo's house, but since Diablo insisted it was necessary, Rimuru just agreed without giving it much thought.

As he arrived at Diablo's place, curiosity got the best of him.

Why was Diablo so warry of intruders? What did Diablo want to protect?

Thus, with a little bit of guilt, Rimuru sneaked inside his subordinate's home. Not that it was the first time he did spy on his subordinates.

What he found there left him speechless.

The many artworks he had Souei confiscate. A lot of dolls, frames, and many other types of products.

Rimuru wanted to give his friends privacy and respect their hobbies. But wasn't this scene... creepy?

Rimuru got some goosebumps. Shivers were felt in all his slimy cells.

While he wanted to respect everyone's tastes, it was too much for Rimuru to take. That room had to stop existing.

After finishing his job, he made sure to clear his traces with Ciel's help and ran away.