Spirit fox - Boy (Dark)

An initiation, a ritual. All spirit foxes children needed to receive the blessing of a spirit. Only then, they would be able to use their powers as spirit foxes.

The little boy ran home happily with his new spirit. He even got praised as he got a medium-ranked ice spirit. It was something that happened every ten or more years.

For some reason, his mother was thought ill and therefore, they lived deep in the forest. It was not true. His mother was fine and taking care of his little brother.

His three years younger little sister watched with admiration. His parents would tell him to be kinder to her, but the boy only felt annoyed.

Then, the girl's turn came. A lesser water spirit gave its blessing.

By that time, their mother was declared dead by the village. As far as the village knew, they were a family of two kids and their father.

The fox boy had grown enough to understand the situation. Their mother and youngest brother were from another species. They would never be accepted in the village.

At night, they ran away. There was no more need to stay since the fox girl received her spirit.

Luck was not on their side and they got caught just a little before leaving the village's premises.

The boy watched their parents getting executed in the cruelest way he could ever imagine. Then, the kids would be 'punished' too.

The villagers found value in the boy who contracted with the medium-ranked spirit.

The boy was unwilling to help the villagers who destroyed their family. Unfortunately, the boy's younger siblings held no value to the villagers. Therefore, the young kid negotiated his submission in exchange for his sibling's lives.

The boy was made a tool. Ruthless training awaited him every day, followed by beatings and scarce food. The villages wanted to make him useful but subservient, as he was slightly stronger than the average and also contracted a powerful spirit.

He endured it all. For the lives of the siblings, he wasn't allowed to meet anymore.

The fox boy held hope. He would become stronger and then, free his siblings and run away.

His plans broke when other spirit fox children were bullying him. They innocently delivered the news in the cruelest way possible. The fox boy's siblings were no more in the village. They were sold to demon cultists a few days after their parents' death.

Why had he been working so hard for?

Why were they that cruel?

Just what did their parents do wrong?

What did they do against the village?

What did he do wrong?

Why, why, why?

If the young monsters were sold to a normal slave trader, they could be alive somewhere. But the demon cultists were known to buy sacrifices.

The fox boy lost hope and the will to continue. He didn't even bother to secretly make a barrier to endure the beatings. There was no hope.

The fox kids were playing as if nothing. After laughing at the siblings suffering.

The fox boy remembered his younger sister, who fought with him all the time. His little brother, who would cling to him all the time. His mother's sweet smile and gentle pat. His father who worked hard for his family.

It was unfair. Why weren't they allowed to live? They didn't do anything wrong. Why did the villagers even hate them?

The villagers were murderers. Even worse, they didn't regret a tiny bit of it. Why were they allowed to live proudly under the sun?