Kidnapped lord

Boredom is a dangerous condition for immortal or long-lived beings. To quell such boredom, some rampaged, some gambled, and some played games with very long-term scales.

Veldora wasn't immune to such boredom. He would rampage sometimes, but it never satiated his boredom. Then, he met Rimuru. From then on, his days were busy and entertaining.

Regrettably, it seems that the time was not as enjoyable for his little slimy friend. Veldora overheard Rimuru's subordinates talking out of worry. About how Rimuru's schedule was tight recently, about how he was pressed for a lot of work.

Rimuru himself seemed tired. Lately, he didn't even step inside the labyrinth to play with the avatar or do dubious experiments with them. Rimuru was busy with diplomatic meetings and reviewing documents all day long.

Out of worry, Veldora invited Rimuru to play out one day. The slime rejected it with an awkward smile. They were at the most important part of some negotiation with some country, or something like that. Rimuru promised Veldora to play together in a few days, much to Veldora's relief.

On that day. Veldora waited for one, two, five hours, but Rimuru never came. He felt the tiredness from his sworn brother's expressions since a few days ago, thus, he wanted Rimuru to enjoy a relaxing time. But if Rimuru didn't want to prioritize his resting times, Veldora had to take action. Even if it angered Rimuru later.

There was a problem. A diplomatic and political problem big enough for me to act personally as an intermediary. Fortunately, Tempest managed to get out with little repercussions. But it meant a lot of work for me.

It has been six whole months of me overworking. Most of the government work is distributed and I do my best to not overload my schedule, so I normally don't overwork myself this much, at least not in recent years. Maybe that's the reason, but I feel tired. I really miss the normal days...

I had my schedule full of meetings, and when I wasn't in a meeting I was reviewing and signing documents. Shuna and the rest were doing their best to help me with the workload. Testarossa and Mjormilles suffered with me through this odyssey.

After almost half a year of overworking, we finally finished.

Now, we just had a little party with the involved parts. I feel as if I am forgetting something, but I would remember it if it was important, wouldn't I?

We exchanged our final greetings and walked outside the building. As I was about to send the final farewell, a huge dragon descended from the skies.

I finally remembered what I had forgotten before... my promise to Veldora!

Ignoring the panicked dignitaries, he stared at me and caught me in his claws. Veldora didn't say anything and flew. He looked pissed, so I didn't resist. I stared at the remaining people, trusting that Testarossa and Mjormilles-kun would manage the rest.

We got to the sealed cave. This place is rarely visited by anyone since we moved the research team to the 95th floor of the labyrinth. I knew Veldora came here from time to time, but

Wow... he did something amazing...

The place was almost restored to its original shape. He removed the things we made and abandoned. The place was filled with a comfortable amount of his magicules, allowing magisteel and hipokute to be back at the amount they had when I first came to this world.

Near the spot we first met, there was a hut. A small one.

Veldora finally released me in front of the hut and took his human shape. He stared at me with his arms crossed. It was the first time I had seen Veldora in this bad mood.

He is probably mad that I forgot about the promise. I expected a complaint from him at least, but he just took my slime body and walked into the hut.

It was very cozy inside. It had a rustic kitchen, a refrigerator, and a table with seats in one corner. At the other corner, there were many cushions pilled over the floor, many toys to research, and a bookshelf.

Veldora took me to the cushions and put me over there. He took one manga and started reading it.

It was unnerving how quiet was the normally so loud Veldora. After a while, I got near him, and we read manga together.

After going for a few chapters, I switched my attention to the tools and little toys Veldora clearly took from the research center. There were a few things I didn't recognize. Now that I think about it, I saw some things in the reports...

I started investigating (playing) with those a little since I would be stuck here until Veldora released me.

As I was engrossed in researching those pieces, Veldora came over. For the first time since he took me, he talked to me. We started making whatever we thought could be interesting together. Fortunately, we had enough magisteel nearby.

By the way, while picking magisteel, I took some hipokute too and tried to make the elixir. The winning formula came after two days. It was made by mixing Apito's honey concentrate and a full potion, using a fruit Veldora was researching as a catalyzer.

It was an enjoyable time I spent there, so enjoyable that I forgot about the time. By the time I noticed, I was holed for a whole week with Veldora. Since his mood seemed better, it was a good time to ask about his intentions.

"My friend, transient relationships are good, but you must check your mental health. You were too stressed recently"

I chuckled. It was rather cute how Veldora was worrying for me. At a closer look, he was visibly nervous, probably expecting me to get mad at him.

"I am not mad at you, Veldora" I reassured my dear friend "Thanks for looking after me, bro"

We smiled at each other. It was good to have such a reliable friend. A clumsy but a caring friend.

By the time we returned, Testarossa and Mjormilles-kun wrapped everything. It was already over, and my normal days were back.