Chapter Forty

A/N: This is a dual pov. Hope you enjoy it.

Arius' Pov

"Come on Rosetta..." I cackle, trying to keep the laugh from escaping my lips as I stare at her face. Who would have thought she was a terrible cook even after giving her instructions?

She points an accusing finger in my direction and uses her other hand to wipe the egg residue from her face, but it only worsens it. The laugh comes out of my mouth before I can stop it and she huffs, stomping her feet on the ground as she glares at me.

"You think it's funny..." She snaps and I bring my palm to my mouth, trying to muffle the laugh while nodding my head. She sighs, nodding to herself, a slow grin spreading across her face. "Yeah, it is." 

She giggles. "Who would have thought boiling egg could be so hard." She mutters laughing to herself and I stiffen at the sound. I still can't get used to the sound of her laugh. It stirs so much in me; sometimes, it takes a lot of control to prevent me from grabbing and kissing her.

We've been what she called friends for a while now and I can't say I hate the idea because, in this short while with Rosetta, I have learned so much about her. Even her usually stoic expression has become easy for me to read. When her brow twitches, she finds something funny. When she cracks her knuckle, she's seconds away from getting angry and when she gives me a blank look, it shows how much she's trying to keep herself from laughing.

I know this because she's all I see, can breathe, and don't hate. I don't hate her, and I want to be more than just friends with her but after all, I have done to her, what right do I even have to suggest that to her? 

"Arius..." Her voice sounds closer, and I shift my gaze lower to see her blinking a little more than usual. She's worried, she's concerned and my heart flutters. How did I miss all these signs?

Probably because you were so focused on hating and trying to kill her. A little voice whispers at the back of my mind and I can't deny the truth. 

"I'm sorry Rose," I whisper, leaning my forehead against hers and her breath hitches a little at that action. She's flustered by my actions.

From my peripheral vision, I see her raise her hand to cup my cheeks and even though her touch is cold, it warms me, and I can't help but nuzzle my face against it. God, this feels so good.

"Rosetta, can I kiss you?" I ask with a whisper, slowly opening my eyes to stare into hers and the air gets knocked out of me. Her gaze is heated, her lips redder and fuller and when she looks into my eyes, it's all the permission I need before I slowly cup the back of her neck and crash my lips against hers.

It's slow, intense and passionate. Her arms wind around my neck, and her fingers thread through my hair, tugging softly and I groan into her mouth, pulling her body closer to mine. It's not enough. I need her closer. She sucks on my lower lip, letting go for a minute before she's kissing me like I'm her damn breath.

Closer, I need her closer. My arms tighten around her waist, and she releases a moan when I nip her lip. That's all I need before my tongue finds her and the taste of her is exquisite. It's nothing like I have ever known. She fights for dominance, but my little Rose is about to be wrong and within seconds, I have her body pinned against the wall with her arms pinned up.

She arches her back, her chest brushing against mine, and we pull away. She looks so beautiful with her lips swollen, her usually hazel eyes darkening and the flush on her cheeks.

"Damn it, Rosetta, what have you done to me?" I whisper, brushing my lips against hers. "My chest feels so tight when you're around." I softly peck her lips. " I want you." I peck her again. "The ache in my chest when you're not around is unbearable." Another peck.