Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen.

Arius pov

I gently pushed Artemis away from me, keeping her at arm's length and gazed into her eyes. They were red from tears, and it pained me to see her like that. I chuckled inwardly, does this torment ever end. 

Strangers were seated right in front of me, claiming to be my biological parents and I felt within me that they were heck it would explain why I am immortal because I didn't have normal parents except for Storm who was human before he died.

If my guess is correct, I'd probably took my human DNA from him and whatever immortality from my mother. Those red and violet eyes I had was also gotten from her and grey eyes from Storm. There was no doubt I was their son, but I couldn't accept them. I wouldn't and that is why I was going to leave them before they left me again.

"You abandoned me and that is a fact." I said coldly and Artemis leaned back. She looked stunned at my sudden declaration, her eyes tearing up again. 

Storm got to his feet, eyes glaring coldly at me, but I just smirked at him. "And you..." I laughed.
"You were dead."

It was a low blow, but I was done. I pushed my hair from my face, stood up and stared at them coldly. "My parents are Mary and Arthur, and I would rather throw myself off a cliff than have werewolves or whatever the fuck you guys are as my parents." Those words I knew cut them deep because Storm took a step back nearly faltering and Artemis just sobbed, covering her mouth to prevent her sniffles from escaping.

"Brother." I stiffened at the sweet voice that had been quiet all this time. I took deep breaths, turned and flashed her a cold smile. Her violet eyes looked terrified when she stared at me, and I could hear the pounding of her heart. A familiar sound I've heard through my existence.

"My brother is dead." I deadpanned. "So, I don't know who the fuck you think you are to –" I never got to finish those words because a punch so strong hit me square in the jaw and sent my body hurling across the room. That hurt like hell.

"You would watch your fucking tongue when you speak to my daughter." Storm's angry yet calm voice snapped at me. His eyes burned a shinning grey, and I knew that it was his wolf present. His shoulders rose up and down as he stood protectively in front of Astria.

I chuckled coldly, spit out the metallic taste that had filled my mouth. My jaw had been dislocated and I pushed it back in place before rising up to look at him. "Fulfilling your daddy roles huh Storm. Well, no matter." 

I knew Astria was watching me, staring at me but I refused to meet her gaze.

"I came here for one thing and that is for you to save my friend, any other action of business is useless to me."

Storm frowned, his eyes still glaring daggers at me. "Fine by me! When everything is done, you can take him and get the heck out!"

"Good!" I fired back and left the house. I ran deep into the forest, not moving in any particular direction and skidded to a halt at the view in front of me. A meadow of flowers. It was so beautiful, and it reminded me of I and Seraphina's little cottage.

God, I missed her! I missed her so fucking bad! Looking at those people reminded me so much of the pain I have felt throughout my life. I hated it thinking about the past. Stepping into the meadows, I dropped to my knees and screamed. I just wanted everything to stop, all this pain to just disappear.

"Fuck!" I yelled, tugging my hair in frustration. I couldn't even mourn my family when they died. I couldn't do shit yet again. I was weak back then and it's repeating all over again. I am weak, utterly weak.