Chapter ten

Warning: Please keep a box of tissues beside you! I cried writing this... Also, there's a surprise towards the ending of the chapter.......

Chapter Ten.

It was a cold day. Winter had arrived finally arrived and the usual green forestry was engulfed in nothing but snow. The castle stood tall and proud at the mountain. A strong pillar of hope and security for the people living in the kingdom but that wasn't the case lately. The humans were scared. They were being brutally attacked by werewolves and vampires alike and they had nowhere to run to even their homes weren't safe anymore.

Inside the castle, a king sat majestically on his throne, overlooking the generals who had gathered in the room. It was cold outside but even colder on the inside because the King was furious.

"What the fuck do you mean you can't explain how they are getting in?!" I snapped angrily. The attacks had gotten worse and worse. In a day there could as much as eight attacks happening and each scene was gruesome than the next. I knew I shouldn't be getting angry, but I was because not only was it infuriating but also, I hadn't seen Seraphina for almost a month now.

I left Blake, Ariel, Scott and Ortho to watch her but fuck! I missed her so badly, but I knew I couldn't leave just yet because her safety was at stake too and I wasn't going to risk it. In times like this I wish I could have told her who I really was so I could keep her safe in the castle but fuck me and my fear about it and now here I am.

"I need answers!" I yelled frustratingly. "They keep beating us to the scene and it is not helping that not even their tracks can be traced. It's like the appear and disappear without a fucking trace."

The murmurs in the hall continued and that annoyed me even more. Fuck this!

"My king if I may suggest." Rory, the new advisor stood up. He was old but had a gentle yet commanding voice that left no room for you to refuse.

"What is it?" I questioned, fiddling my thumbs.

He cleared his throat and then hesitated for a bit. "You may be against it, but I think we need to accept the truce from the vampire que-

"No." I shut him down immediately. Accept help? From them? Like I would crack my skull open before I ever associate myself with them.

"But my Kin-

"No Rory!" I snapped glaring at him. "I won't agree to any truce. For all we know they could even be the ones behind it with the mind control shit they do."

He pursed his lips. "But the attacks are being done by the werewolf community." He wasn't wrong, the attacks were done by rogue wolves but something about the attacks wasn't adding up and I knew that they were involved.

"Rory, I respect you a lot so please don't make me lose it." I said coldly and he sighed, bowed his head and sat back down.

This was getting absolutely nowhere, and Ash wasn't back. I sent him to Seraphina's house to deliver a letter since I couldn't use my damn phone and it's been almost an hour and half since he left. He should be fucking back by now.

I twiddled with my thumbs again and finally snapped. I got off the throne, pushed the double doors opened and left. I could hear their shouts and calls for me to return but the urge to see Seraphina grew and I wasn't going to let them stop.

"Just for a little bit." I promised myself and rushed through the cold night with nothing but a thin buttoned up black shirt and jeans.

The snow fell heavily, nearly blinding me and the cold breeze bit into my skin harshly. It was a snowstorm. I rushed through the forest, the urge growing even stronger than before.