Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen.

Artemis Pov

I was trembling. My whole body shook from the rage I felt within me. I was livid, I was furious and Luna...that woman she just...she just allowed her to do that to me. She agreed for Esme to kill my son. The more I watched her unmoving body, the more the rage burned within me. I was going to kill her.

I knew Storm was trying to piece together the little information I had given him because he had stopped trying to restrain me.

"What are you talking about Artemis?" His voice trembled from behind me, and I glared at the woman, at the witch who was slowly regaining consciousness. I couldn't believe her! I just- Red was so silent that it was almost comical but no matter, I was going to punish her for the both of us.

I didn't answer Storm and moved closer to Esme, my blood boiling with anger, betrayal and sadness. I was so damn sad that it hurt to even look at her. My son, I nearly choked on my sob. I used the back of my palms to wipe the tears harshly and noticed the blood on my hands.

I gripped her hair tightly in my fist, roughly yanking her hair downwards so she's forced to stare up at me. She looked so pitiful. I hated her for what she had done.

"How could you?!" I gritted out, pulling on her hair harshly and she yelled out in pain. She kneeled in front of me, her body slumped backwards. She did not even bother to put up a fight and that pissed me off.

I landed a right hook on her jaw and her head whipped to the side, blood coming out her mouth in the process. I did the same to the other jaw and blinded by the rage, by the tears I continued punching her.

"How could you?!" I hit her.

"He was just a baby!" I kicked her ribs, and she flew a few feet away from me but I just closed the distance between us. She let out a low groan but other than that she just let me do whatever I wanted to her.

I grabbed her index finger and bent it backwards. She yelled out in pain when it broke, and I chuckled darkly at her. "This is nothing compared to what my son went through Esme, nothing!" I gritted out harshly and broke another finger.

"Art-" I gripped her jaw and twisted it harshly, my expression hardening the more I stared at her pitiful self.

"Never let your foul mouth speak my name Esme." I threatened and broke her thumb. The scream never came, her jaw hanged loosely with blood and saliva dripping out from her mouth and it made me so mad. She hasn't seen anything yet and I clenched my fist and repeatedly punched her nose. She would not breath.

Strong arms suddenly pulled me away from her before I could use my nails to gorge out those deceitful multicolored eyes of hers.

"Let me go Storm!" I cried out, wiping my tears as they fell and glared at her. "She doesn't deserve to live!"

He only hugged me tightly and I felt something wet on shoulder. I stiffened; Storm was crying. He was openly crying in front of me, and the anger suddenly drained from my body, and I slowly dropped to the ground with Storm still holding me tightly in his arms.

His shoulders trembled from the sobs he was trying so hard to keep away and I knew he had seen through my memories. It seems I left the link wide open in my anger and he saw the horrifying things my son experienced at the hands of his people he once called family.

"W-why..." I choked on my tears and brought my hands to my mouth, muffling the screams that wanted to escape. "H-he shouldn't...my son...my Arius." I wept, turning around and hugging Storm who hadn't uttered a word but just kept on crying.

His grip tightened and my heart broke for him. He must be going through a lot. He was dead during his own son's birth and now the person we trusted...Esme...I won't forgive her and Luna.