Alternate Stick of Truth Part 2 - The Summon-Cyclopedia

Start from the beginning

The parents aren't the only thing that's different at New Kid's house. There's also the house itself which appears to also be the same as it was in the beta version.

The house on the outside still looks the same and it's the same color as the retail version too, but along with the garage to its right, there is also an outside cellar entrance to the left of it. I checked it out because why not and it just had random boxes and other crap in it which isn't very surprising considering that this family just moved here.

Side note, everything was positioned like it was in the beta version which just further proves my theory right.

As for the inside of the house (minus the cellar), the first floor is practically the exact same as it is in the final cut and the staircase is in the same spot too.

The only slight difference is where the door leading to the basement is located. I went down there as well to check it out and found myself in the cellar I was just at. Looks like the downstairs area just has two entrances here; one from inside the house and one from outside of it.

The beta had that too, but other cut versions of the game had separate underground spaces or just didn't feature a basement at all. With this, I can pretty much confirm that this house is the one shown in the beta version like New Kid's parents are.

Now when it comes to the beta version vs the final version, the second floor is where you can see the major changes.

For starters, there's no bathroom on the second floor; the poop games were a later addition to the final game. The color of the walls is also different with the beta version being a shade of yellow while the final version is purple.

Both the parent's room and New Kid's room are bigger than normal with New Kid's room being much bigger than their room in the final version and also shown at a different angle (bed and window above it are shown at the top instead of the right side for reference). It's probably 1.5-2 times bigger and while there is a lot less furniture in it at the start, it eventually gets filled up more as the player (New Kid) would unlock more stuff.

New Kid's room in the beta version actually had a lot of different customizations that could be done with some being available at the start and others being unlocked later on. I don't know much about the latter, but as for what you got access to immediately like the bed and walls, you could customize the color of them.

You could also put up a poster on the same wall the bed and window are at with the beginning choices being action, monster, and girl. When chosen, the poster has nothing but the word of what you chose (aka: Action! Monster! Girl!) due to it not being finalized in the game yet.

There is also a workbench to the far right wall where the New Kid could build or upgrade their weapons. It was likely an alternative for just buying or looting better ones as the game progressed.

On top of all that, there's another window right above where the workbench is and the room's closet is a lot smaller than in the final version as well with it being right by the entrance to your room like in the final cut. You could also choose to store (and possibly display? not 100% sure about the latter) stuff in the closet if you wanted to.

Right in between the closet and the room's entrance is an air vent that is around the size of the New Kid so maybe you would be able to enter it at some point? That I'm not sure about, but what I do know is that there is also a mirror right next to the door.

When I first arrived here, I automatically assumed the changes were just coincidence like how the New Kid here looked different than me, but it seems like the beta version of SOT is present in this timeline's long list of differences to the 'canon' SOT.