Alternate Stick of Truth Part 2 - The Summon-Cyclopedia

A Few Quick Announcements Before This Chapter Starts:

First - How to Survive South Park has been recommended on TV Tropes!

Thank you N8han11 for the recommendation!

Second - I have some fanart from Cynnixs of Dovah in his Necromancer costume using one of his Ultimates, 'Arm-Ageddon', for the first time in Chapter 63, "A Few New Familiar Faces".

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1143808229936205926/1156334235863486534/IMG_2372.png?ex=651497ad&is=6513462d&hm=74728a5e61321853351c4a4c696b4a52ac3264a770249b7a1c9f42f83b4d22f3&=&width=888&height=601

If anyone else would like to have their fanart of this story featured, just send me it and I'll post it alongside future chapters.

Finally - This story now has over 16,000 reads!

Thank you all for the support and enjoy this latest part of How to Survive South Park!

The elves are gradually pushed back towards the Inn's second floor with reinforcements led by Jimmy and his summons halting our progress. Both sides engage in a bloody battle for over an hour only for the humans to pull back and retreat after the house is completely trashed.

Did I mention that I had the stick this whole time? Yeah, Chris had it with him when we got here. I'm pretty sure he was supposed to get away after the confrontation in the basement and maybe be the final boss for this section alongside Jimmy or something but the point is the humans got the stick back in the end, much to the elves' displeasure.

Speaking of Jimmy, he had his old season 6 fantasy costume on too and while he was still going around as a bard, his outfit didn't really fit that.

I may have nudged him a bit during our fight at Chris' house to upgrade his costume to more of a bardish theme, just because. It won't change much in the long run, it's just a personal preference of mine.

Like in the final version of SOT, this quest is the last one before New Kid heads home and gets abducted by the Visitors, so I head home, go to bed, and wait for that quest to start while realizing a few things I probably should've realized earlier.

For starters, Chris and Kelly (New Kid's parents) look vastly different then any version of them in the final copy of the game (things like skin color depend on New Kid's customization at the very start).

Both parents have circular adult heads instead of the more oval-shaped heads they have in 'canon' SOT for starters. Their voices are also pretty different to the ones they have in the final cut.

After going over my memories for a bit, I figured out that this version of New Kid's parents are the ones from the beta version of SOT. It was released way back in 2012 and only covered the start of the game up to the elves first attack plus some random (and cut out) missions or parts of missions.

There were also tons of small areas featured (picture a random room or part of the forest that you couldn't leave) and some testing for a few small mechanics, most of which never made it to the final cut either.

This beta was actually created back when THQ was working on it. The company then went bankrupt and sold the unfinished game to Ubisoft who finished and released the full game in 2014.