Chapter 44

Luca's pov

As i unfolded the blood-stained letter. Realisation hit me. I failed to protect the love of my life. I failed to protect my queen, my mate. The memories of her laugh,the warmth of her touch. All flooded in my mind, taunting me with her absence. Zydus was also quiet. How can i let my guards down. How didn't i notice from all the attacks that danger is lurking on her. I ignored everything. I failed her. " Alpha, are you okay?" my beta said to me. I was in utter shock. And zydus knew it well that i was hurting very badly. He was also on edge. If someone dares to mess with us today. They are going to be killed by my hands. Dont worry, luca, we will bring our mate back. They will pay for it, whoever did this. I will bring the hell on them. My wolf said to me.

I gathered my strength and gotten up from the floor. They took her eric, i said to my beta. Call the pack meeting urgently in one hour. First, i will check here, and then we shall continue the meeting. Bring the staff here in front of me. " Yes, my king." After that eric storm out of the room. I went straight downstairs, and i saw Camellia. Other warriors from the pack house were all there. When i reached downstairs, they all bowed down to me. You both were in my house, come forward. I said, pointing my finger towards the maid and the chef. "Alpha, we didn't do anything. Please have mercy," they said while shivering. Do you know who the girl that lives here is with me? "Al-Alpha, that was your mate and our lu-luna," and what did i tell you?

" Al-Alpha...." Answer me," i roared. " You told us to protect her no matter what" and what you did? "we failed you, alpha, but luna told us to hide. We told her to hide herself"  and you fucking listen to her?? You're fucking warewolves and she's a human. So who should help who?? I can't deal with you two. Camellia, take them with you. " No alpha, please have mercy," my maid said while crying. God damn it. Go and clean the mess and get out from my sight. I said while shouting at them. The chef and maid ran towards the other area. Now, the warriors that were guarding my penthouse were standing behind me. They were all looking down. You... all of you! Why did you let them take her? I trusted you with her safety! I said furiously.

"My king , we didn't expect..."You didn't expect? You expect nothing less than perfection when it comes to protecting what's mine! Now, who's responsible? I said while intrupting him in a dangerous voice. "My king, i can explain," the other warrior said to me. Explain to me what? " Alpha, they came out of nowhere, We couldn't react in time. It was like, the person who broke in knows everything about the penthouse, about the securities, about the location to enter into the house" Are you fucking with me??? So you're basically telling me i have a rat in my pack??? " Al-Alpha, we dont know. They were three members and they all know what to do. You cant even handle the three of them, you were ten and they were three." Alpha, cameras are also broken. The one with the plan was master mind.

The fuck!!!

Get lost from here and find my mate. "We're working on it, alpha. We'll find her." You'd better, or there won't be a place on this earth for you to hide. I said while getting closer to him. I pay you for your loyalty, your skills, and your unwavering dedication! Do you all think I run a charity here? I said while raising my voice. "Alpha, we'll do everything in our power to bring her back. Just give us time. Time is something you don't have much of. Find her, and find her fast. Or... you'll all regret the day you failed me. I said while clenching my fist. Now get the fuck out of here. Before i lose the control. " ameilia, spread the news in the packhouse that their luna is missing and they have to do anything in power to find them. If someone object. Take them to me, i said to eric mate.

" yes alpha"

Camellia, eric to the forest right now and follow your luna scent to find her. "yes alpha " we all shifted in our wolves and started running in the forest. We all start running towards the forest. We were in a group. My top warriors and my beta, delta were also with me. " dont worry, isabelle, we will find you," i said to myself. The moonlight is casting shadows through the dense trees as my pack moves silently through the forest. They're following the scent of my mate, their senses keen, but something is off. We all start running into different directions to find her. Time was passing quickly, but we couldn't find her. We were now closer to the river. Her scent was closer here. So we start running while leaving the river behind. She should be here. Her scent led us this way. I said while growling to my pack, we all were talking in our wolves form. "I don't understand alpha, It's like luna vanished into thin air," Warrior one said while sniffing the air." Shut up and find for clues," i said to him. They all continue to sniff and growl, but isabelle's scent seems to fade away, leaving my warriors perplexed and in confusion. " It doesn't make sense, alpha. Her scent is here only. We can't find her. Her scent vanished somehow," my beta said to me. "Could it be a trap, alpha. Maybe they want to trick us by doing something." Camellia, one of my top warriors, said to me. Stay alert. This doesn't feel right. Keep searching, but be ready for anything. Eric, start searching in the neighbouring packs. If they dont Cooperates, kill them on the spot.