Throwing the current thoughts on the back of my mind, I focused on the situation in my hands. As we entered the corridor, three guards were standing there. Our footsteps alerted them and they looked up at us. Two of them were from the new team that Suraj Uncle sent and the third one was Sahil Singh. A victorious smirk lit my lips as we passed them. His taught jaws didn't go unnoticed by me and it widened my smile.

I'm not some power hungry bitch, but that argument with him just triggered me a lot. This palace, this is my home that my Grandfather and Father had built together. And it irked me to my core when I felt helpless to go inside the most loveable place of my childhood, this room, which is now in front of me. I touched the button and the wall revealed its scanner device. In just two seconds, the device scanned my eyes and green light flashed on its screen before the door started to slide open. Karan and I both entered inside and the door got closed behind us.

A sob left my lips at the sight in front of me. My grandmother had already died when I was around two years old and Grandpa told me that she was a great artist. This whole room was filled with the painting she made. That's why it's his favourite place and because he was the closest family member to me, it's mine too. I used to hide here whenever I was angry with mom Or dad, or was sad about anything, mostly about Karan.

He is the major reason for my stress since always.

I felt Karan's arm coming around me as he pulled me closer to comfort. But it didn't help the case at all. My sobs turned into loud cries as my childhood started to run in front of my eyes. My knees felt weak and I fell on the floor with my head in my hands.

"Hey, Monami" Karan dropped beside me and pulled me into his embrace. "See I don't know how to comfort anyone. All that I know is, this is not the time for crying, this is the time to bring them justice." He apart me from himself and held my face in his hands. "Monami, do you think they would be happy seeing you falling weak like this?? Hnn??" Wiping my tears with his hands he made me stand up again. "Pull yourself together. The last thing you can do for them to rest in peace is find proof against Sahas Uncle and get him behind the bars. " Nodding, I rubbed a hand over my face while sniffing soundly.

"You are right." My voice came heavy because of the crying.

"What do you think could be useful in our case?? " He asked, scanning the room.

The room was decorated in an ancient interior. The way royal palaces used to be in old times. Being closed for all these years, there was dust and webs all around. I didn't answer Karan's question and walked up to the paintings. Holding the white cover from one of them, I threw it away and revealed a beautifully painted black horse near a river. The dust made me cough badly and I covered my mouth with one hand. I looked at one side to avoid the dust getting into my eyes and they landed on the chess board placed at the table with two chairs placed around it opposite each other. Grandpa taught me chess, and after him, I never ever dared to touch it. I walked up to it and picked up the black queen.

"The Queen is the most powerful in chess. And I want you to be the black Queen who holds the power that can take all the impurities of her surroundings, which would make her black but still would never lose her light and her whiteness of inside. I want you to be the most powerful woman you know. It doesn't matter if the first move belongs to white, what matters is victory."

A lone tear escaped my eye as I recalled his words. Throwing the Queen gently on the board, I returned to the painting where Karan was already uncovering them.