CH-95

Allied forces kage meeting room =

"The team that was sent to explore the found base has not responded to our calls for updates in several hours. We fear that they may have not survived an encounter with the enemy" A woman tells the kages with a serious look on her face.

"Tsk, those bastards" A grumbled not pleased with the news.

"Yes...we must assume that they were killed off. But they have at least shown that there is enemy far too close to comfort." Onoki states.

"Indeed" Mei agrees with Gaara giving a single nod beside her.

*sigh* "Send out a squad of ANBU to do recon. If the enemy is too strong; they are to value their lives over searching for the missing squad." Tsunade ordered getting a small bow before the woman left to have to inform squad captains.

+Several hours later+

After being made the squad of ANBU formed a uniform group even though they were from different villages. This quickly led to a proper chain of command that let them waste no time reaching the base that was found. Leading to a portion of the group standing still keeping an eye on the base's door

"Base location confirmed no friendlies remains found" one of the ANBU call out after they finished examining the proximity.

"Understood. We will be going inside of the base." The leader states the looked over to the radio carrier who had a few team members close by.

"If we face something that can overrun us you are to take our reconnaissance member and flee as fast as you are capable of. Meanwhile you WILL be reporting what is happening to the best of your ability. Even if we perish the base needs to get information to help the rest of the force." The captain orders getting nods.

"R-roger" the recon ninja meekly mutters. "So this is how ANBU are like...just being in their presence is something else. I will do my best to follow orders." He thinks mentally bracing himself.

After this they enter the base carefully only to see loads of black liquid making puddles around the pathway. Still they pushed on clearing each room while avoiding the unknown substance as much as possible. Finally, after a long travel they found themselves in the same room that the previous fight happened.

"Judging from the scene around us this is where the only battle in this base happened. There was clearly casualties on both sides but not enough to show what happened to our full squad." One of the ANBU states looking around. Another gets closer to the allied forces corpses and examines them even further.

"Hmm It appears that several of our forces were on their way to being infected by Orochimaru's black blood. The reason seems to possibly be the black fluid around us but all the corpses have been soaked and only some of them show the monetarization." Another member states.

"With lack of other reasoning it can be assumed that the black fluid that has spread through this entire base evenly could only be from the pipes that have been placed on the roof of each of these rooms. Also it can be noted that while everything else is wet the enemy planned this as an attack." The stated. With that being said they quickly searched the corpses to see if they could find anything they could use for information before finally leaving the base noting that whatever enemies were there had left already. Though this also assume that the rest of their missing allies were now zombie like creatures following their lead.